6:00am- The watch alarm strapped to my wrist goes off 30 min. before I have to wake up. I turn it off, roll over and go back to sleep.
6:30am- The kids' alarm clock fails to go off, mainly because it was not set. Family sleeps in.
6:45am- Cramping stomach wakes me up. The house toilet is occupied, so I rush outside to the underground storage room toilet....twice...to relieve stomach pains.
7:00am- Drag 3 sleepy boys out of bed, telling them to hurry and get ready for school.
7:15am- We're out of milk. I seriously consider pouring root beer on my children's cereal.
7:45am- Load kids in van. Make 5 trips back to the house for forgotten backpack, diaper bag, sippy cup and pretzel snacks.
8:05am- Pull up to the elementary school curb. Listen to my 2nd grader panic because he can't find his library book and insist that he's not going to school without it. I tell him I'm not going home to get it. Meltdown ensues. I grab the backpack and find the book buried somewhere within. Catastrophe avoided. Life can go on.
8:25am- Drop Eden off at the gym daycare. Childcare worker wants to chat as I'm rushing for an 8:30 cycling class. I rudely cut the conversation short and head out the door.
9:45am- In the locker room after my workout, I realize that I forgot to pack street shoes in my gym bag.
9:50am- Emerge from locker room wearing sky-blue Adidas with a sage-green knit top. Sweet.
9:55am- Can't find my van keys. I dump all of the contents out of my purse, diaper bag and gym bag 5 times to search for the keys. I peek inside the locked van window. I can't see the keys, but think they must be under that pile of empty fruit snack wrappers that I cleaned out of the diaper bag before going into the gym this morning.
10:05am- Call wrecking company to come unlock the van.
10:45am- Van finally unlocked, car alarm going off, I rummage through the empty fruit snacks wrappers to find my keys. Meanwhile, I think of all the things I could've done with the 30 bucks I'm shelling out as a result of my own stupidity.
11:00am- Stop at Wal-Mart to return Friday night's RedBox movie rental. (It's Monday. That means my $1 movie rental will now cost me $3. I hate it when I do that.)
11:05am- Hope my daughter can hold out long enough to shop for a few "essentials".
11:15am- Feel my face get hot as I ask a Wal-Mart associate where to find the "family planning" products.
11:25am- Get tired of Eden standing in the "basket" and throwing things out of the grocery cart. I force her to sit in the front of the cart with the seat belt, which she really hates. I have to cinch the seat belt as tight as possible to keep her from squirming out of it. She screams and cries throughout the duration of the shopping trip.
11:45am- Feeling like a scum bag for making my daughter sit "on her bum" in the cart, I stop at the in-store McDonald's for a couple of fruit 'n yogurt parfaits. The McDonald's lady recognizes me from the previous five times I've stopped for fruit 'n yogurt parfaits after grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Wonderful. Now I've become a McDonald's "regular".
12:00pm- Home from the store, I set Eden on the screened porch to play with the kitten while I unload groceries and answer a phone call from my sister-in-law.
12:05pm- Cut my phone conversation short when I look out the window and see that Eden has dumped the ENTIRE bag of cat food out onto the ground.
12:15pm- Let the dog and cat clean up the cat food mess while I wrangle a screaming 23-month-old upstairs for nap time.
12:20pm- Eden climbs out of her pack-n-play. I flip the pack-n-play upside down over the top of her to keep her "caged in" for nap time. Once again, I feel like a scum bag mother.
12:30pm- Head to the kitchen to start fixing a crock pot dinner for my family to eat while I'm at my gardening class tonight. About halfway into it, I realize that I'm missing two vital ingredients. I make do with something else.
12:45pm- Start the first of approximately 14 loads of laundry that need to be done today.
1:45pm- Get a "positive" test result on a home pregnancy test. Wonder if, when and how to tell my husband.
1:50pm- Wonder if there's any chance we could build a 3rd bedroom onto our house before May 3rd.
2:00pm- Wonder for the 100th time today what in the world that smell is.
2:45pm- Leave piles of clean laundry on the bed, wake Eden up from her nap and go pick the boys up from school...still wearing blue Adidas and a green knit top. Sweet.
3:40pm- With the boys home from school, I assume my slave-driving mother role, nagging my children to complete their piano practicing, homework and chores.
5:45pm- Justin and I cross paths in the driveway, exchanging keys as he arrives home from work and I leave for my master gardening class.
5:50pm- Halfway down the road, I realize that the car's "low fuel" light is on....and I forgot my purse.
6:05pm- Arrive to class five minutes late. As I pause at the sign-in desk, one of the directors hands me a $5 bill...my refunded deposit on the soil probe I checked out last week. Hallelujah! Gas money for the drive home! It feels good to know someone's watching out for me.
9:30pm- Class is over. The elderly gentleman sitting next to me in class had a hearing aid that was giving feedback throughout the entire class. Three hours of constant, high-pitched whining causes me to have a splitting headache.
10:00pm- After stopping for gas, I arrive home to find Justin waiting for me in the driveway. He had read my earlier-drafted blog post about my manic Monday, and was excited and happy to be expecting baby #5. In celebration of our happy news, we each enjoy a heaping bowl of ice cream, and retire to bed for the evening.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Just Another Manic Monday
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
Woohoo! Congratulations Bobbi! Very creative way of "announcing."
Wow. Wow. What a day! :-)
Congrats..... I hope you husband takes it well hehehe
congrats!! I'm sure he'll be thrilled, you two make adorable kids!
What??? SHUT UP!! Are you serious?? I SO was NOT expecting THAT at the long list of motherhood mishaps!!! CONGRATS!!! I do wish you had had a better day though:) And really, don't feel like a scummy mom for the things you did, it happens to all of us and life just goes on and the kids are still alive and healthy, so no biggie.
But I was thinking...making your kid sit on her bum in a cart isn't even close to making anyone a bad parent...so my thought is...you just wanted an excuse to get a parfait :) HEY, I would too!!
Congrats (and good luck!) on another baby!
Congrats! Also, I love the pack-n-play idea. I wish I would have thought of that with my twins. Oh well...I'm two kids past that and everyone is now is a big kid or toddler bed. Yay for your new baby!
CONGRATS!!!! However, that story gives me anxiety for you!!! Good luck, you are SO awesome. Those kids are lucky to have you. Now... when do you get to find out how many are in there????
Congrats! You are a brave momma to go for number 5. The idea of having 4 is seriously scaring me.
That is so awesome! I'm 10 weeks along, so welcome to the ranks of puking first trimester fun. Hope your pregnancies are smooth sailing. Congrats again!!
Sorry about your bad day! Sounds like a rough one.
Congrats on the new baby!
Congrats!! Just put the kids in the guest house and snuggle in with the new one. So happy for you and I am way impressed. It is funny to think of my little friend in her crazy costume green pants from second grade having so many kids of her own.
OH bobbi! I am so happy and excited for you. I can't wait to see you in a month!
Congrats, Bobbi. You are not a scum bag mother!! You're very good at it and the Lord has blessed you with another. Happy for you!
Woohoo, congrats Bobbi! That is so exciting! Hope you are feeling alright, and give yourself a pat on the back for being an amazing mother!
Yeah! How exciting! Love reading about your daily adventures. I often feel like a scum bag mother... but certainly don't think of you as one. LOVE the turning of the play pen over - genius!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Wow!!! Congratulations - that was a very non-chalant way of announcing that. :) How are you feeling?
Congrats, and I am glad that Justin is happy!
Bobbi!!
That's so great news about baby #5!!!
And yes, you had a crazy day..I don't know how you do it with out going crazy yourself because you are awesome!
Can't wait to see your pregnancy progression :)
Hey question, how do you guys like Missouri? HOw's the dental market over there?
Congrats!!!!!! Hoe you are feeling well!!
Uh, that would be HOPE! HOPE!, not hoe! you are feeling well! Doe!
sounds like a regular day at our house, except for the positive pregnancy test, fortunately that is NOT a regular thing at our house.
I am so excited for you!!! Congrats!!! Hope you are feeling alright.
xoxoxo
Bobbie,
It is 5:00am and we just read your manic monday and we are now so tired we are going back to bed for a second round (of sleep) this time with condoms
Paul and nancy
Congratulations Bobbi on #5! It wore me out just reading what happened to you that day...but if anyone can handle it, it's you. :)
Post a Comment