Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guest Blogger Brock Writes About Our Latest San Antonio Adventure

I've started outsourcing my blog articles.  I wasn't sure I'd have time to write about last week's vacation to Texas, so I assigned it to my young, talented 10-year-old apprentice.  This article was originally published at: http://brocksworldrocks.blogspot.com:


So you want to hear about the Texas trip huh? Well how bout we start at the Harley Davidson store.


Dad pulled the car into the parking lot and we all got out enthusiastically. We were finally going to stretch our limbs after that LONG car trip! As we got into the store things were going pretty good... until Eden and Kade ran over to where the stuffed animals were. We then had to stop for 5 minutes for them to figure out which stuffed animal they were going to carry around the store until it was time to leave. After that it went well for a while. But, you know how we were in the car for a long time? Well, it was starting to have an affect on Eden and Kade. So they went nuts! They started running around the store with us chasing after them. And then Eden or Kade must've run too close to the entrance with their NOT PAID FOR stuffed animals or something but just then the alarm went off. That at least stopped them. Then Dad put them both in time out and left me in charge of them while he looked around. We sat there for a while with Eden or Kade getting up every once in a while but then I would just put them back down on the bench. After about 10 minutes of this Kade decided he'd had enough of this and jumped up and started dancing to the music in the room! It was awesome! He looked like a rock star!

Then after all that, we went to BIG'Z a REALLY FAMOUS restaurant in San Antonio. Then we went to a REALLY good friend of mine's house and fell into a deep pleasant sleep...
 The next day we woke up and I went out to the car to find my iPad charger. Couldn't find it anywhere. I asked Brandon where he had left it after I let him borrow it and he said he put it up in the front somewhere. I went back out and I still couldn't find it. Then Mom and Dad came in the car and found that they couldn't find Mom's or Brandon's iPads... or Dad's wallet... and all the stuff in the glove box in the front had been pulled out... and Dad then, THEN, admitted he left the car unlocked. There was no denying it. We had been robbed. But we still got to go to Sea World! I rode the Steel Eel and the Great White! The 2 Biggest (and fastest) roller coasters in the park!
Picture 

After all that fun and excitement, we dragged our tired feet to sleep another, not robbery filled, night.



We started off Austin and Brandon's birthday by going  to the best place for breakfast, The MAGNOLIA PANCAKE HAUS!(It's spelled haus because it's a German restaurant) Then we went to the store so Austin and Brandon could pick out their birthday presents. And then, one of the best parts of the day, we went to the movie theater and watched Wreck it Ralph!
Picture       
Picture

When the movie was over, we went outside and found that our friends had drawn all over our newly washed car! Can you believe it?! Our JUST WASHED CAR!!! IDIOTS!!! 
  Picture

Picture 


Then after THAT we went to Amazing Pizza! (The pizza was actually the WORST pizza I had ever had in my life.) But there was a go-cart track, and an XD theater, and LOTS of games, and a mini golf field! And to end the day, we finally had cake!

 Picture 

Picture 



The next day we went to the stock show! They had a pretty fun petting zoo there.

Picture 

Picture 

Oh, and there was this baby goat that had been born just the day before!

Picture 

Picture 




The next day we woke up to find some AWESOME pancakes for breakfast!

Picture 

Then, we went to the river in Bandera! The water was FREEZING! We walked around in it anyway though, and then I found a rope that went out over the river and I got an idea...














The NEXT day was the last... but the BEST! We went to the San Jose mission and the TRAMPOLINE PARK!

Picture


Picture

Picture

Well, that's the end of the Texas Trip. Hope you're jealous, cuz that was about 86% of the reason I wanted to go to Texas in the first place!

0 comments: