Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Lars-sitting

Lars' siblings are all so eager to help and hold and love on their baby brother.  They love him so much!  Brock, Austin & Brandon have each mastered the "baby bounce" that they utilize to keep Lars happy while I am otherwise occupied for the moment.  


The first time Lars laughed was while sleeping in his dad's arms. The first time he laughed while awake was this afternoon, right before I left him home with Brock for the first time. He is eight weeks old now, and I was just going to meet Brandon & Eden at the bus stop and pick up a family size chicken bacon stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner.  (Austin stayed home from school with a cough today, even though Eden was the one with the earache.  The school nurse called me earlier to report Eden's discomfort, but Eden said she didn't want to come home, so I told the nurse to just give her some Tylenol.)  Lars had been sleeping on my bed before I left the house, and I thought he was still asleep, but as I was walking out, I noticed that he had woken up. I asked Brock if it was still okay to leave him for a few minutes and he said yes. Then Lars gave a big old smile and belly-laugh. Cutest thing ever!  Then he cried the entire time I was gone.

Brock sent me a text just as I was getting to the pizza place saying that Lars was screaming.  I suggested that he might try changing his diaper.  Later that night, we discovered that Brock had put the new diaper on backwards.  Cute kid.  I'm so proud of him for being willing to try!

0 comments: