I've been neglecting my blog lately, but here is a letter that I recently sent out to my missionary niece & nephew (Chaz Gonzales & McKenzi Huey):
Dear Elder/Sister,
I love you! I love your letters! I hope you don't mine that I share my
favorite parts of them periodically on facebook with my friends. Because
that's pretty much all the social life I have these days...facebook. So
sad.
Things here are good. It's hard to believe that Baby Lars is FIVE MONTHS
now and getting bigger and happier all the time.
Brock turned 13 in
April. He is a teenager now--and all that comes with it. He thinks he
needs a cell phone and a social life and a facebook account (like mother
like son). He has started shaving--all so strange! He's spent the past
several months rehearsing to play a dwarf in a homeschool teen club
production of "The Hobbit". This past week, they held rehearsals for 6
hours a day until their performances on Friday & Saturday. The show
was so great! The costumes and sets were amazing and the theater was
packed! It was a lot of fun to watch Brock in his Bofur hat and beard on
stage. Fun experience!
Eden & the twins have just 1-1/2 weeks left
of school. We're all ready for some lazy summer days to relax and
unwind. (Ha! That'll be the day!)
Kade turned five on May 3rd. He
insists that it's still his birthday and we should keep giving him
presents all month long.
Our old little house on the little lake is now a
vacation rental. We have it booked every weekend this month and the
calendar is filling up throughout the summer. I feel like I've picked up
another full time job answering emails and fixing things up and
collecting payments and cleaning up after renters and sending reminders
for payments and giving driving directions and mailing out contracts and
collecting contracts and showing the property to people and even
hosting a wedding in the fall! Meanwhile my own big beautiful new house
is a mess and my laundry pile keeps growing. But I still love my big new
house even if it is starting to look "lived in" and I recently started
going back to CrossFit and that makes me HAPPY!!
Grandma Morgan and
Mikaela are in town this week. They drove out to see Brock's play and
Shelby's senior piano recital and a talent show and a few other
performances the Hueys are in. It's been fun to have them here! It was
fun to hear McKenzi's voice on Mother's Day when her family was over for
dinner and to get Nicholas and Adley's baby announcement. I can't
believe that THREE of my sisters are going to be grandma's this year!! (Bev-Nicholas & Adley, Bernice-Porter & Emily, Bonnie-Mark & Julia)
It kinda makes me feel old. But I'm glad that Lars will have some
playmates close to his age!!! Babies are such wonderful blessings!
Anyway, I want you to know that I love you and I am thinking of you and
praying for you and your sweet investigators always! Stay strong. Be a
good companion. Love the Lord. Press on in faith. Keep an eternal
perspective. Remember who you are. And keep writing down all of your
experiences so that you can look back and remember all you have learned
and experienced! Thank you for sharing your stories with me! You are an
incredible strength to your family members back "home". I love you!!
Hugs,
Aunt Bobbi
Monday, May 11, 2015
Dear Elder
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, May 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment