Sunday, May 20, 2007

Out with the old....In with the new!!!

Last Wednesday, we put our Gomer Pyle house on the market. It's been a real experience trying to keep the place show-ready with the boys constantly un-making beds and un-tidying rooms, but we've tried to stay out of the house as much as possible, so that helps. So far, we've had 9 showings...still waiting for an offer. Last week, Justin and I drove to Lake Ozark, Missouri and spent two full days looking at houses. Yesterday, we finished negotiating on a house we both fell in love with. We are scheduled to close on the house on June 15th. Here are some contrasting photos of the two houses. Out with the old...in with the new!!!

Our dear, old Gomer Pyle house. Lots of memories within these walls!!!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The new house on Palmer Drive. Can't wait to move in!!!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Old Kitchen:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


New Kitchen!!! (My personal favorite)



Old Living Room:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


New Living Room!!! (If only the furniture came with it)


Old Master Bedroom:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



New Master Bedroom: (Once again...if only the furniture came with the house!!!)



Old Family Room:



New Family Room: (Okay, this part needs some work, but imagine the possibilities!!!)



Old Back Yard:




New Back Deck!!!



Old Master Bathroom:




New Master Bathroom!!!





We are VERY EXCITED about the new house and are looking forward to Justin starting his new career in dentistry!!! While we are sad to say goodbye to all of our friends and family in San Antonio, we know that there are many great adventures to come in Missouri!!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Okay, yeah, I am jealous. The house is beautiful. We may have to take a trip to Missouri and see it up close *wink wink*.

Shayleen Lunt said...

So, I showed my husband a few of your pictures and his comment was, "I picked the wrong career."
hehe
I am so excited for you! The new house is a dream. I bet the boys are absolutely going to love living there. So will your little princess:)
Congratulations to Justin.
Best of luck selling your old home and a smooth closing on your new home.

Shantell said...

Wow! Bobbie your new home is beautiful! I have to say that I am a little jealous! I love it congrats!

Lyssa Beth said...

So yes, i'd be excited to move to Missouri too with that house! it's beautiful! You guys are going to do great up there! Congrats on everything. You will be greatly missed!!