a.k.a. Our Family Christmas Letter:
Let’s see…
a new degree.....a new truck....
a new state...
a new job...
a new house...and a new baby!!!
Yep, I’d say we’ve had a busy year full of exciting news!!!
Justin completed dental school in March. He now goes by “Dr. J.” The first thing he did upon graduation was trade in his Kawasaki motorcycle for a 2004 Dodge quad cab pickup. It’s a lot of fun to drive!! I think I probably enjoy it as much as he does.
It was tough deciding where to go after graduation. There were just so many good options!! After months of researching dental practices across the country, Justin chose to work as an associate at Premier Dental in Lake Ozark, Missouri. He is one of three dentists in the office, and has had a great experience so far. We love living in such a beautiful resort community, literally in the middle of a golf course, and across the street from the stunning Lake of the Ozarks. We love it here in Missouri.
Early in the year, I was thrilled to find out that I was pregnant with a baby girl! I quit teaching aerobics in May so that I could spend my limited energy on packing and getting our San Antonio house ready to sell. We moved to Missouri in June, so I had plenty of time to get things settled in before our new addition arrived in September. I enjoy spending my days at home taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, playing with our new friends, and surfing the net. I also love the fact that we now live just 30 minutes away from my oldest sister, Bev and her family!
Brock turned five in April and started Kindergarten this fall. It has been quite an adjustment having him gone all day. Brock is a very deep thinker and surprises me with the tough questions he comes up with. He is a great big brother and loves teaching Austin and Brandon everything that he learns at school. He also loves his baby sister and can’t wait until she’s old enough to play with. Brock started learning to play the piano this year, and practices every morning before school. He loves playing games on the computer. He also likes to draw pictures and write letters. In January, he will start playing basketball for a local Upward league. Brock really is a terrific kid. We are so thankful to have him in our family!
Austin (3) is as intense as ever. He likes to be the boss and have things his way…or else!!! He loves to wrestle, and he has some sweet dance moves. Austin is very attentive and always knows exactly what’s going on, where he is and where he’s going. He has a contagious giggle and a melt-your-heart smile.
Brandon (also 3) is such a good boy. He is the first to jump up and help whenever he is needed. He absolutely adores his baby sister. He is also very smart. He knows all of his letters, thanks to his excellent teacher, Brock. Brandon loves to watch cartoons. He also loves playing with his brothers, and wrestling with his Daddy.
Eden Deana Johnson was born on September 22, 2007, weighing 8 pounds, 14 ounces. She is the sweetest, most easy-going baby in the world. She smiles easily and hardly ever cries. She really is a joy to have in our home. We love, love, LOVE our baby girl!!!
We are grateful for this Christmas season and the chance to celebrate the birth of our Savior. We are mindful of our many blessings and give thanks for the wonderful life that we live. We are so glad to have you as a part of that life and we wish you a very joyful holiday!!
Much love,
The Johnsons
Saturday, December 01, 2007
What's New In 2007?
Posted by Bobbi at Saturday, December 01, 2007
Labels: Bobbi's Thoughts, Holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This was so sweet and fun to hear how your family is doing! Sounds like you are all doing very well! You are the BEST and you seem like an excellent mom! That is cool that we both have an Austin!
What a fun Christmas letter. Thanks for sharing all that fun info. about your wonderful family. We love and miss you guys. I wish Josh and Ryan could still play with your boys. They always loved spending time with your family. Especially Josh. He always loved Bobbi and Justin even when he was little.
What a great year for the Johnson family. I can't think of anyone more deserving of such great "new" things. You have a beautiful family and I look forward to your future posts of how the three boys are protecting their adorable little sister.
What an eventful year you have had! I am so glad you got your little girl. What a beautiful family!
Y'all have had a BUSY year! Only you could manage to do it all! Way to go! You have such a beautiful family and Eden is so CUTE! I love the picture of her, she is so pretty! Well, good luck on this upcoming year, try to schedule some time to rest!
Love all the cute pictures!!! Glad things are going well for you!!!
-Jenni
What an exciting year you have had and that picture of Eden is so cute!
Post a Comment