Thursday, August 19, 2010

Latter-day Lutherans



Top 10 Reasons To Send Your Good Mormon Boys to Lutheran School:


Reason #10:
The public school they are assigned to is pretty much awful and it feels like you're sending your child to prison camp every morning. You hate the feeling you get in your stomach each time you drop your kids off at the curb and are willing to pay a premium to send your kids to a school where they will be nurtured and loved rather than barked at and militarized. (Yes, I think I did just make that word up.)

Reason #9: The wall of the Lutheran school gym bears the quote: "Humble in Victory; Gracious in Defeat"; The report card that your child brings home says, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge"; and the Valentine's Day card your child makes for you reads, "Jesus Loves You".

Reason #8: Tigerfest baby! The most awesome fundraising auction EVER!!! You've never had more fun spending so much money for your child's elementary education.

Reason #7: The annual theme for the year is:
"Safe in His Arms Forever."
"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

Why would I not want to send my kids to a school like this?

Reason #6: Since it's a private school, kids who are excessively disruptive or disrespectful can be excused at any time, indefinitely. Eliminating these "discipline issues" allows the teachers more time to actually teach rather than babysit. (I just hope & pray mine won't be the "problem kid" who is asked to leave!)

Reason #5. The principal, teachers, and even the parents of the other kids know who you and your kids are, often before you have even met. Such a loving, close-knit, faithful group of people!

Reason #4. You get a short list of approved clothing for your children to wear. This makes back-to-school shopping a breeze, and you never have to worry about modesty issues...or body piercings.

Reason #3. Being bi-religious is kind of like being bi-lingual. It fosters understanding and appreciation for a culture other than your own, and you never know when it might come in handy.

Reason #2: Your third grader will be memorizing scripture verses and Bible books along with his multiplication tables. Two birds with one stone!

Reason #1. After Wednesday morning chapel service, while the children are all reverently filing out the doors and heading back to their classrooms, you just might hear a jazzy, swing-beat rendition of "How Great Thou Art" performed on clarinet and synthesized cymbals. Can't you just hear it? Snap and sway with me now,

"Then sing my soul" *cha-cha-ching*
"My Savior God to Thee" *cha-cha-ching*...
Absolutely awesome. I love it!

It feels so good to say that I LOVE where my children go to school!

8 comments:

JoMamma said...

I wish that more schools could be focused on Christian standards. I'm glad that you are able to enroll your children in a uplifting environment.

The Blaisdell Family said...

That IS awesome to have a school like that!! That's how ALL schools should be!

Clinton Home Educators said...

Gotta love it! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yea, what Bobbi said!! :)
You make my heart swell with pride for Trinity! (even if they do insist on displaying my 8th grade picture by the old gym complete with David Cassidy feathered hair and a sprinkle of acne...)

Unknown said...

Sorry, not trying to be "anonymous" but having technical difficulties today...

Tara H. said...

I love this post! My kids went to a Lutheran pre-school and they go to a small Charter school now. I always get the, "why do your kids go there." talks, but I love the smaller class sizes, the dress code and the one on one attention. Who wound't want that for your kids.
Love it!!
xoxox

Kelli Proctor said...

This is so great! I am so glad you found such an awesome school for your kids...Good luck to them all and you this year!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your kids won't get a teacher that tells them they are going to hell because they are Mormons, like my friends kid did when they went to Trinity.