Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite conversations from 2011

At the close of another great year, I'd like to take this opportunity to celebrate some of my favorite conversations from 2011:

"Mom, when I'm thirteen do you think I should start doing back flips across train tracks while trains are coming?" -Austin

Justin: "It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Maybe they'll cancel church."
Brandon: "Yay! No church!"
Me: "What do you mean, Brandon? Don't you want to go to church?"
Brandon: "No I don't. Why would I want to go to church?"
Me: Because that's where we go to learn about Jesus."
Brandon: "I already know about Jesus."

Observing a furry animal pelt that the dogs left lying in the yard: "Oh look! They killed the Easter bunny!" -Eden

Playing Candy Land, and heading toward the scary Lord Licorice character: "Mom! I almost got to the dentist guy!" -Eden

"Instead of trying to be cool this year, I want to be handsome." -Brock

Brock was missing his old friends from old neighborhoods: "You'll see them in heaven, Brock. Just hope that you die soon." -Austin

Eden: "Why are we taking our animals to the doctor?"
Me: "So they can get a shot."
Eden: "Will that make them dead?"

A bunch of my husband's family got together for dinner. One of the little girls there asked me who I was, and I explained to her that I was married to her daddy's cousin, Justin. Her eyes got wide with excitement as she exclaimed, "Justin Bieber?!?!"

"Brandon, hit me in the face, but not too hard!" -Brock

"I don't want to go home, and I don't want to eat dinner! I just want to eat dessert and go to friends' houses!!!" -Eden

"I don't want to be naughty, I just, (shrugs) be naughty!" -Eden

Justin: "Man, I should've gotten up early and gone to the weight room."
Eden: "But you're busy all day watching t.v."

During a primary lesson about missionary work: "I don't do work" -Eden

Discussing Dora the Explorer: "Why does that girl get to leave her house? Why doesn't her family tell her to stay with them?" -Eden

"When you mix strawberry nerds and grape nerds together, they taste like banana." -Brock

"Mom, can I have a root beer float while I'm waiting for breakfast?" -Eden

To her mother: "I just looked at your bum, and it was huge . . . like a giant . . . bum." -Eden

"I want to get married right now so that I can have a baby and make you take care of it." -Eden

In front of the missionaries: "You and Dad have a sleepover in your room every night, and you have romance every night, and I can hear you!" -Austin

Discussing the effects of lightning: "It does hurt you when it's on you, and you're not modest when it burns off your clothes." -Eden

On poor blood circulation: "My foot is buzzing. It feels like there are bees under my foot." -Eden

Here's hoping 2012 is half as much fun as 2011!!!

5 comments:

Maren said...

Those are awesome! And...may I ask, how in the world do you remember all those? Do you write them down as you go? Wow! Impressed!

And also, I love the way your kids think.

Heather said...

Holy cow! Kids are SO funny!! Can't wait to document more things like this in my house!

Hilary said...

Awesome . . . and priceless!

JoMamma said...

Thanks for the laughs. I love it!

Ginn Family said...

What a cute idea, kids are too funny!