We have an absolutely beautiful governor's mansion here in Jefferson City, just a few steps away from the stunning State Capitol building. It is currently the home of Governor and Mrs. Nixon, who every summer graciously invite a certain number of 8-12 year-old kids to come spend the morning learning about manners and etiquette. I'll admit I was a little nervous about signing my three boys up for such a stuffy event. I was afraid they might embarrass themselves, or worse, their mother, but it ended up being a fantastic experience for all of us! The boys actually really enjoyed themselves, and were so proud of all the manners they learned. They felt like princes sitting at the fancy dinner tables, which they helped set, and were spoiled by the butlers dressed in white gloves and tuxedos, pouring them bottomless glasses of fresh squeezed lemonade. My mom, mother-in-law and I got to be the boys' special guests for lunch, where they showed off all they had learned, including the proper way to set the napkin in your lap, and how to handle a cherry tomato in your mouth. They had each written a thank you note to the governor's wife, and Brock's note was one that was chosen to be read to the group. He did a great job! I love my boys, and am so pleased with the young men they are growing into!
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment