"Locked
somewhere deep within this fleshy tabernacle of mortality is an
ancient, mighty warrior of light. She is strong. She is noble. She is
capable of divinity. She has walked with God, for He is her father.
She has communed with the angels, for they are her friends. She has
already claimed victory over her Adversary, and stands ready and able to
do so again. She knows me perfectly. And is greatly interested in my
welfare. For she is Me. The Me of authenticity. I can hardly wait to
meet her."
--Bobbi Johnson
Chris Williams: Hope
Have faith enough to be healed. Every pain, every trial will be made up for in eternity. What have I really lost? Nothing. Get busy serving others.
Merrilee Boyack: We Are All Enlisted
I will speak for truth. I will defend family and protect children. The challenge to oppose evil is one that we cannot shirk. As turtles, we cannot move until we stick our necks out. "We are all enlisted until the conflict is over." There are different ranks in God's army. We all have our place:
Private: On guard duty. Seizes private moments of testimony.
Colonel: Pops at the right moment.
General: Leads family, friends & community.
When the thought enters my mind that, "I should say something"--Say it! People are waiting for me to speak up. There is power in numbers. Unite with others who share the same values. Share what I know. The spirit will testify.
Michael S. Wilcox: Prayers That Reach Heaven
I don't want to ever just "say my prayers" again. When I approach my Father in Heaven in prayer, I want to pray as the scriptures describe--raising my voice to Him; pouring out my sorrows, grief and guilt at His feet; wrestling for answers; hungering for His response; laboring in the spirit. I want to feel after God, believe His word, and then act upon His promptings. Sometimes, I don't need to use words to pray. There is a "prayer of quiet"where the spirit yearns, and heartfelt communication is sent, though no words are uttered.
God wants past tense faith before we get future tense answers. We get answers after we exercise faith in Him.
Hilary Weeks: Speak Love
Body language is a form of communication. What does my body language say to me? Strike a "power pose". Speak love through words and action--both to self and others.
Richie Norton: The Power of Authenticity
Life is short. Our time on earth is limited. I must not procrastinate the things that matter most. There is a person inside me that is more than I can ever imagine. I need to get to know her. I need to become her. I must find a way to shed my outer shell and become "authentic". There are five ways to do this:
1. Recognize authenticating moments. The moments that are most challenging, scary, hard or uncomfortable are the very moments that make me real.
2. Come to know myself by knowing God. People matter. I matter. I matter to Him. I will find myself when I find Him.
3. Don't be afraid of looking stupid. If authenticity looks stupid, be authentic anyway.
4. Crush fear. Overcome it. Paddle with the fear, don't run away.
5. Destroy the "waiting place". Never say, "I've waited my whole life for this..." Don't wait. Act.
6. Mind travel to the future. Ask myself, "Will I regret it when I'm eighty?"
7. Clear the clutter and make room for dreams.
8. Replenish. Cultivate gifts and interests. Fill the living well.
9. Turn to the Lord. I am a child of God. That is my authentic identity.
10. Do small and simple things. Take baby steps to big dreams.
Laurel Christensen: Letting Go Of Your Fears
Let go of the fears that are holding me back. The Lord will fight the battle for me.
1. Fear of Disappointment: Don't let disappointment rule.
2. Fear of repeating past mistakes. Don't look back.
3. Fear of danger or bad things. Put on the armor of God. Pray for protection. Be reassured. These were God's children before they were mine.
4. Fear of success. 2 Tim 1:7--For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Your identity, even if you don't like it, is your comfort zone. Getting out of your comfort zone requires power. With the power of the atonement I can fight ANY FEAR!
Sometimes we use the notion of "God's will" as a reason to abdicate our own. Fight fear with a sound mind. Learn to exercise agency. He has given me agency to use to make my own choices. I shouldn't be afraid to ask God for what I want. God trusts me when I trust Him. He always wants to give me more than I ask for, but I need to ask! 2 Kings 6:16 Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
"When you stop praying for what you really want, your heart stops wanting what you weren't willing to pray for." The tragedy is not not getting what you want, the tragedy is not wanting it anymore. Keep petitioning. Keep wanting. God will not waste a miracle on a doubter. Believe. Desire. Believe. Experiment. Achieve. Weary Him with pleading.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Thoughts on TOFW
Posted by Bobbi at Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay, thank you for summarizing. Now I can just steal yours! ;) It was an amazing weekend. I'm glad I didn't sell my ticket :)
Post a Comment