Sunday, September 22, 2013

Eden Turns Six

We got back from the beach just in time to celebrate Eden's sixth birthday.  It feels like Eden has been five forever.  I don't know if I'll ever get used to her being six.  Six sounds so grown-up, so sophisticated.  Six is halfway to twelve!  I'm not ready for twelve.

At age six, Eden is what she has always been: fiery, fiesty, strong-willed, determined, ornery, sweet, and spunky.  She drives me crazy and runs me ragged, and I wouldn't have her any other way.  She is crazy smart, a wonderful artist, and an instant friend.  She will hug and kiss any kid on the playground like he was her brother (only her brothers wouldn't be having any of that!)  She is learning to read and write and add and subtract.  She memorizes her Classical Conversation songs before anyone else in the family.  She really is a bright little ray of sunshine in our family!

Eden's artwork.  She drew this during sacrament meeting one day.  Oh, how she makes me laugh!!!

I may never make another birthday cake for my kids as long as Grandma is around.  I can't compete with Grandma's cakes.  I can, however, make a mean batch of cake pops!


Happy birthday, Eden!!! (And Grandma Elaine!)




0 comments: