"Hey Bobbi, want to go to Miami this weekend? I'll see if my mom can watch the kids." -Justin
"My muscles have never been this big! Or maybe this is just a dream..." -Eden (age 6)
"Mom, I'm glad we're people. 'Cause we can swim like ducks, and we can get shot out of a cannon and fly like birds." -Eden
Eden's Sunday song: "I'm gonna go to church, only got twenty dollars in my pocket!"
"Mom! Jack (the dog) brought us something!" -Eden, with a mangled, dead, bloody songbird in her hands.
"Mom, do you know what we need to do if we ever get a pet bald eagle? Dye his feathers red, white & blue to make him look like an American flag." -Austin (age 9)
Eden, without any prompting or assistance or permission from anyone, just sat down at my computer and googled herself. Heaven help us.
"Mom, I'm glad we're people. 'Cause we can swim like ducks, and we can get shot out of a cannon and fly like birds." -Eden
Eden's Sunday song: "I'm gonna go to church, only got twenty dollars in my pocket!"
"Mom! Jack (the dog) brought us something!" -Eden, with a mangled, dead, bloody songbird in her hands.
"Mom, do you know what we need to do if we ever get a pet bald eagle? Dye his feathers red, white & blue to make him look like an American flag." -Austin (age 9)
Eden, without any prompting or assistance or permission from anyone, just sat down at my computer and googled herself. Heaven help us.
I
woke up early to go to the gym. It's still dark outside, but Eden is
awake on the couch. "There's a robber trying to steal Austin's coat,"
she says. "Why would a robber want to steal Austin's coat?" I ask. "I
don't know. He was just over there, but now he's in the laundry room".
Teaching my children how to use an old school VCR player: "You mean there's no menu?!?"
"Mom, I love you. You know all those times when I said I didn't like
you? I didn't mean it. You just need to learn how to be a better mom.
Like, you need to be the kind of mom that I'm going to be when I'm a
grown-up." -Eden
"I want to be bigger enough so I can drive. I won't drive you crazy!" -Kade (age 3)
"In
Spain, we don't have smarshmallows, and camping without smarshmallows
isn't really camping at all." -Jorge (our 13-year-old foreign exchange student from Spain)
"I
love you more than Crossfit," I said to Brock after telling him I would
skip my workout one morning in order to take him to the library. He
hugged me and said, "You can do push-ups in the library! And maybe run
up and down the stairs??"
"...sitting in sacrament with a
stinky little girl who is too poor to bathe, baby wearing a white polo
and jeans, the piano doesn't match the singing, the soccer announcer
next door to the church is louder than the priest saying the sacrament
prayer, half of the members are inactive, and half of the people who
attend still need to be baptized!!! and there was a dog in relief
society again..." -19-year-old Niece, Moe Gonzales,
serving an 18- month mission in Peru
Me: "I probably shouldn't buy this. I don't need it and I don't have room for it."
Justin: "Those reasons have never worked for me."
Justin: "Those reasons have never worked for me."
To the first worker we encountered at the Naval Air Museum: "Excuse me, we need to fly the jets." -Kade
Three boys huddled around a small wood pile in front of the fireplace:
"Look at that spider!"
"It's not a spider, it doesn't have two body parts."
"Yes it does. If you look closely, you can see two body parts right there."
"Should I burn it?"
"Look! There are two spiders!"
"Look at that spider!"
"It's not a spider, it doesn't have two body parts."
"Yes it does. If you look closely, you can see two body parts right there."
"Should I burn it?"
"Look! There are two spiders!"
"Good thing my
dad's a dentist!" -Eden, after telling me all about the load of candy she hauled home from the
Jack-o-lantern Jam
Me: "You're not going to eat that whole thing by yourself, are you?"
Eden: "Um, yeah! My tummy wants it!"
Eden: "Um, yeah! My tummy wants it!"
Eden: "Mom, can I paint my fairy house?"
Me: "No."
Eden: "Whoops!"
Me: "No."
Eden: "Whoops!"
"Hey Mom, is this the paralyzed forest?" -Austin
"You got to go skiing on a field trip??!? I wish I went to a school
that got to go on trips!" -Austin
Austin: "Is caffeine against the Word of Wisdom?"
Me (sipping on Mtn. Dew): "Depends on who you ask."
Austin: "I'm asking you."
Me (sipping on Mtn. Dew): "Depends on who you ask."
Austin: "I'm asking you."
"She needs to cut her nails, and brush her teeth and go to uncle Justin's office" -8-year- old Niece, Kaestli, while watching previews for "The Great and Powerful Oz"
"I feel like I've
given birth to a dump truck... by c-section... through my pelvis." -Justin, after running the Gladiator Mud Run
"YoYums
has peanut butter AND banana flavored frozen yogurt! I feel like I
just got high fived in the face by a 20 pound sledge hammer of
fantasticness." -Justin
"Thanks we can go snow flaking, WAIT! I mean skiing. Thanks for Jesus
lives in heaven. Thanks I can go live with him. Thanks there will be
cookies and cup cakes." -Kade's prayer
0 comments:
Post a Comment