Thursday, June 28, 2007

8 Favorite Things

Jaime Blaisdell recently "tagged" me to post 8 of my favorite things. I have to say, it was tough to narrow it down to just 8, but here they come!

#8: I love the outdoors. There's nothing more relaxing than sitting on the porch, listening to the birds, gazing up at the trees against the blue sky, feeling a soft breeze, watching the sunset. I cherish the moments when I can actually sit quietly and enjoy these little bits of heaven. I love the sounds and smells of nature: Oceans, rivers, flowers, trees, birds, and animals. There's just so much to love about the great outdoors!




#7: I love VACATION!!! When I go on vacation, I like to do as much as possible, seeing and doing as many new things as I can squeeze into a week or a weekend...however long I have! I love going new places, learning new things, and having new experiences. It's just so nice to have a break from the norm now and then.



#6: I LOVE a good massage. Someday, I dream of having enough money that I can go to the spa once a week and just get a really great massage. I love to have every muscle in my body kneaded into soft dough until my body is so heavy that I can't lift myself off the table.



#5: I love carbs. Brownies are the very best thing in the world, but if I can't have a brownie, I'll settle for a warm roll with honey butter. I also love strawberry shortcake, chocolate chip cookies, tunnel of fudge cake, and Oreo cookies with milk! There are just so many carbs in the world to love.



#4: I love to sweat! I remember my freshman year of college when I had an aerobics instructor that talked about how she loved the feeling of sweat pouring down her forehead while she worked out. I thought she was pretty demented. Since then, however, I have truly gained a great appreciation for a nice, sweaty workout. It really doesn't matter if I'm in a brutal cycling class at the gym, or hacking away at a weed patch in 90 degree Texas heat...there's something very satisfying about working up a good sweat!



#3: I love music. I especially love to sing and dance. Sadly, it's an unfulfilled passion since I lack the confidence or training to perform the way I would love to. Someday, I would love to at least sing in a really great choir or take up clogging again. I would REALLY LOVE to take some more ballroom dance classes and get good enough to compete, although I'm sure Justin would never agree to that!!!



#2: I love church. I feel so blessed to have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and even more blessed to be a member of the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Being a member of the Church has done so much to enrich my life with blessings and opportunities for growth. I love the friendships that I have gained because of my association with the church. I have been blessed to know so many wonderful people, who have taught me in so many ways how to be the kind of person I want to be. I have had experiences that have challenged me and helped me grow. I have developed talents and abilities that I didn't know I had. My life has been so blessed, and I am eternally grateful for my membership in this great church.



#1: I love my family!!! I can honestly say that the time I enjoy the very most is that spent with my wonderful family. I love my husband, Justin. He is truly the love of my life. I would be so lonely and sad without him by my side. He has influenced me as much or more than anyone else in my life. I love so many things about him. I love his kind heart, his steadiness, his strength. I love to watch him interact with our sons. He is such a great daddy. I love that he values the time he has with his family, and has chosen a profession that allows him to be home in time for dinner. I love my children. They bring me more joy than I can express in words. I love being a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a cousin, and a friend. I love all of the wonderful people that I call family. I love Justin's family, and all the people that I'm not even related to, but who are as important and influential to me as any family member.

4 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Those are eight great things to love! My love of carbs would definitely match or exceed yours:)
Do you ever wonder how people can not believe in a God when there are so many beautiful things around? (Your #8 love)

laurie said...

i am loving your blog!!! thanks for posting! btw, i love the picture of the singer...groovy! ; )

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ok Bobbi. Time to update your blog. I would love to see the family, your house, new furniture...everything!!! Bring it on BOBBI!!

THE ORMES said...

I love your family too! Everytime I see pictures of y'all doing stuff outside I get jealous of your melatonin producing melanocytes. I really need to buck up and take my girls out fishing. I miss playing with the fellas.
Love,
Tom