Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome to our Home!

Okay, okay, so I thought I could get by with only posting those pictures taken back in May of my beautiful new home before we were living in it, but after multiple requests from the few people who actually read this blog, I finally took some photos of our new "lived-in" home. Please join me on a virtual tour:

Here we have the exterior of the home. It is comprised of such low-maintenance materials as cement "rock" and vinyl siding. The landscaping has been artistically handled by Austin, who pulled up an entire bed of flowers shortly after we moved in. Luckily, the flowers survived re-planting and are recovering well.




Here's a photo of our new neighborhood. Notice that there are no fences! I've learned that underground fences are common among pet-owners in this neighborhood. Unfortunately, they have not approved shock-collars for children in Missouri yet.



Here we have the left half of our enormous 3-car garage. Justin's brother, Bryan, brought this great shelving unit up from San Antonio last weekend. It's nice to be a little more organized!



Here we have the back side of the house. Brandon spilled grape juice on my new area rug, so you can see it hanging off the balcony to dry.





The back yard features our very own forest of discovery!!! Justin spotted a snake here the first time he mowed the lawn at our new house. We're very wary of snakes lately since my 2-year-old niece was bitten by a copperhead last week! (She and her family live about a 30 minute drive from here.)



Now we find ourselves back at the front of the house. This lovely staircase is the first thing you see when you walk through the door.




To the right of the entryway is what we now call the under-furnished office-slash-library of the home. This is where I sit and post entertaining photos and stories on everyone's favorite blog.



From the "office", we continue to the kitchen and dining area. Here is where I can be found daily reminding my children not to drive their trucks across the wood floors.





From the dining room, we continue on into the living area. Here we feature our recently-purchased furnishings. You may now all ooh and ahh.





From the living room, we circle back to the front entryway, where you catch a glimpse of the stairs going down, and going up.



Pit stop anyone? Please take this time to visit the guest bathroom before we continue our tour upstairs.



Up the stairs and to the left, we find Brock's room. Here, we see Brock taking his afternoon "nap".



Past the bathroom and laundry room (no photos here, you'll have to come visit if you want to see the "exclusive" tour of these rooms), we have the twins' bedroom. Notice the attractive new bunk beds assembled by yours truly. Here, we see that Austin and Brandon actually are taking their afternoon nap.



Down the hall and to the right, we have the "pink" room. Though it now serves as a temporary guest room for out-of-town visitors, this will eventually become the baby's room!



Across from the "pink" room, you will find the master suite. Justin and I recently traded up to a king size bed in order to better accomodate my growing belly.




And finally, the perfect spot to end a long day: the master bath. One night, I asked Justin to bathe the kids so that I could enjoy a hot soak in this jacuzzi tub. A few minutes later, however, he reported that I had used up all the hot water in the house, so there was none left for the kids to bathe. Oops.



So there you have it. Our "lived in" house. I hope you enjoyed your tour. Please come back and see us again sometime!

6 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Very very nice Bobbi!! Love the house and new furniture. I have to say that your kitchen is my favorite. All that space!!! Love it. And yes, the master bathroom. It looks a lot like ours and yes I am in LOVE with our bath. I can't ever go back to a normal tub again. It feels like a swimming pool doesn't it? I bet it's awesome for when you are pregnant. Thanks for updating your blog:) It was fun to see the pictures and glad you are moved in and safe. Keep us posted with the family and little girl Johnson too. Hope you found a good OB there. Of course no one will be as good as Dr. Cerny. She was the best referral you gave me in San Antonio!!

Lyssa Beth said...

Your house is freaking beautiful! I'm really jealous. My favorite is your kitchen, that is my dream kitchen, nice and open with an island :) Nice job!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Bobbi - What the heck? You have three boys, just moved, pregnant and your house is so organized!
Things I like about this tour I took just now:
-You don't have a lot of knick knacks...I like the simple, upscale neutral decor.
-I love the new furniture! We have a beautiful black futon (still)...wanna trade;)
-I love that you have hand sanitizer in your bathrooms. It's better that than nothing (which is what the kids will try to get out with, right?).

i'm erin. said...

I love your house!!! I loved looking at your pictures and your neutral colors (my favorite). Wow, when you first said you all were moving to MO I thought thats crazy...now I think I need to move there too! hehehe luv erin

Jenni said...

Hey Bobbi! I was dying of laughter with all the antics of your children plugged into the "tour"...sounds like a life with little boys!!! I know it well. Love the house--so beautiful!!! Hope you're loving Missouri!

Unknown said...

ugly house you have. haha, funny. it's awesome, congrats.