Thursday, August 02, 2007

Missouri Pride

I remember having a conversation one time about how people from Texas seem to have a little more pride in their state than people from other states. I mean, you usually don't see people going away to college and hanging a Utah flag in their dorm room window, but that's exactly what people from Texas seem to do. Anyway, a few days ago, I was babysitting for one of our new friends here in Missouri, and when she came to pick her kids up, she pointed something out to me. On the front of our house, directly over the center of our main garage door, there is a rock cut out in the shape of Missouri!!! Who says Missourians don't have state pride??


5 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

Texas is still better! Anyways, did y'all get your house sold? I was driving by today and saw 3 cars parked outside! If so you must be excited! Hows Missouri treating you? Miss you!

i'm erin. said...

That is freakin awesome! How bizarre. Do you think they meant to do that? hahahaha...i want a hawaii rock and a utah rock now.

Always, Hannah said...

It is still no Texas flag. I have been thinkng of flying a Texas flag in Arizona, you think that's a bad idea?

Shayleen Lunt said...

How in the world did somebody notice that? That is a neat little thing though. I love sentimental things like that.

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's really funny and very observant. Very cool.