Monday, November 05, 2007

City Beautiful

It seems that it keeps getting harder and harder to take pictures of my family. I guess my hands are just too full with babies and diaper bags and everything. I didn't take a single picture of my boys in their Halloween costumes this year! They dressed up as the Incredibles, by the way. I bought them all Mr. Incredible pajamas on clearance from the Disney store and let them decide who was who. Brock was Mr. Incredible, Austin was Dash and Brandon was Jack-Jack. I've learned that if they all have the same costume, then they can't fight about who gets to wear which one.

Anyway, amazingly enough, this past Saturday, we didn't have anything going on, so we loaded up the van and drove to Nauvoo for the day! (It's about a 3.5 hour drive from our house) We didn't get nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are some that we did get:

This is Brock at Carthage Jail. I was afraid the boys would have a hard time being reverent during the tour, but they actually did pretty well. I was pleased.


Here comes the ox cart, oh how slow. It's pulled by an ox of course you know...

The wagon wheels creak as we roll along. Creak, creak, creak, creak is their song!

Nauvoo was beautiful with all of the trees in their fall colors. Here we are driving along the Mississippi River. I wish I had taken more pictures! I want to go back and take more!!!

3 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

This makes me miss Nauvoo so much! I had so much fun when we went up with the YW. I love Nauvoo!

Kelli Proctor said...

That is so cool that you live so close to Nauvoo, that is one cool place! Love it! I love reading your blog too, so cute family! We live in a town in Utah called Eagle Mountain in the Ranches and we absolutely love it! Looks like you are loving where you are too! You are in Missouri right?

Michelle Cox said...

Cute pictures! We'll get to Nauvoo someday. I love that all the boys have matching jackets.