Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday TWO Eden!!!



Today is Eden's 2nd birthday. I'd really love to tell you what my little baby girl is like as a two year old. I wish I could effectively describe to you her adorably spunky free-willed personality. I wish I could capture in words what it's like to watch her interact with the world around her, exploring, enjoying, and loving what she sees.

I wish you could hear the conversations Eden has while riding in the car: sometimes with her brothers, sometimes with her parents, sometimes with herself.


I wish you could hear her sing. My little Eden LOVES to sing! She sings her ABC's, Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday to You, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Singing a Song is Fun to Do, Rockabye Baby, and many others. She often combines multiple songs into musical variations of her very own. She sings in the car, she sings at the dinner table, she sings herself (and her brothers) to sleep at night. I love to hear Eden sing.

I wish you could see Eden play. Her favorite place to be is in the great outdoors. She is a fearless explorer, and has no reservations about wandering far from the house, barefoot and without adult supervision. She's never really alone, however, for wherever she goes, her trusty dog Sadie is always at her side. Sadie and Eden are a perfect pair, and they love playing together.

I wish you could hear Eden talk. I love to hear her talk! Her vocabulary has extended beyond my expectations, and she surprises me daily with words that I didn't know she knew. She has a raspy little voice, always sounding like she needs to clear her throat. I think it's simply adorable.


I wish you could see Eden draw. I think my little girl might just be ambidextrous. It fascinates me to watch her switch from right to left and left to right. It's amazing! And she's learning colors! I love to see her eagerness to learn and ask questions and repeat words. She truly is a gifted child.

I simply cannot believe it's been two years since little Eden came into our family. I love my little girl more than I can express, and I can't imagine life without her! Eden Deana, you bring so much joy into my life! I love you, I love you, I love you more than I can say!!! Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet baby girl!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday!

Courtney said...

She is such a doll! Love her with Sadie! We have a boxer too, best dogs.

Samantha said...

Aw Bobbi that was the sweetest thing! she sure is gonna be a spunky little thing huh! she'll be fun to watch grow up! I imagine she already is..