I couldn't decide on just one topic to blog about, so here are a few things that I might mention if you and I were to carry on a face-to-face conversation:
**After attending Monday night's gardening class on the subject of "vermiculture", I ordered 1,000 red wigglers online with the intent to start my own worm composting bin.
**The boys' school bus arrived at our house an hour late on Thursday due to a 3-bus fender bender that occurred outside the school:
"School district officials say there were 'no reported injuries' after the accident, which left broken pieces of glass in the street. About 150 students were on three buses when they rear-ended each other around 3:30 p.m. The accident happened at the stoplight that leads to the new Pioneer Trail Elementary School."

**I received a FedEx package from America's Funniest Home Videos on Thursday. They are considering one of the clips I sent in for an upcoming episode. They'll let us know if and when they decide to use it.
**I took Brock to his school to sign him up for cub scouts and ended up volunteering as the wolf pack den leader. It seems that I still haven't learned to keep my mouth shut and my hand by my side.

**One night, while Justin and the boys were at an MU football game, I took Eden to Wal-Mart where we passed a cute elderly couple in the parking lot giving away kittens. I couldn't resist, and brought home an itty bitty black kitty for a new pet. The poor little thing didn't stand a chance against my extremely playful puppy who treated the kitten in a manner similar to the way you might see killer whales playing with seals in the ocean. I'm pretty sure the kitten has some broken ribs and possibly a damaged larynx. Now, for her own protection, she's become an indoor kitty with a litter box. I can't change the litter box because I'm pregnant. No one else wants to change the litter box because, well, it's a dirty job. We now keep the litter box on the screened porch to allow for proper ventilation.
**Earlier this week, I was on my way home from the gym when I pulled up to a stop light behind this guy:
Three large, dead rodents were resting on the back bumper of this vehicle. Justin later informed me that the carcasses were that of moles, and that he plans to do the same thing if and when we ever catch the vermin that are digging the elaborate network of tunnels all over our property. Have I mentioned how much I love living in Missouri?
4 comments:
Hey Bobbi! I read your blog every now and then and I just wanted you to know that you can change the litter box. You need to wear gloves, wash your hands, and make sure your kitten doesn't consume raw meat or rodents since that is how they get the disease. I've changed my cats boxes all through my pregnancy. but also my cats have always been indoor cats and never eaten raw meat or outside rodents. It is transmited orally so as long as none of the litter box stuff comes in contact with your mouth you are ok. Also if you scoop the poop within 24 hours of the cat going you don't have to worry about it at all because there isn't enough time for it to develop into being harmful.
I worked as a vet tech for 3 years, so I'm pretty familar with it. But if you still don't want to do it to be safe I understand. I just want you to know that it's not as scary as they make it seem. I scooped lots of cat boxes the whole time I was pregnant and didn't have any problems.
Sorry this is long, I just wanted to pass on the info to you. Congrats on being pregnant and your new home is amazing!
Bobbi - You are just a little busy. Just a little ;)
Doesn't your ward have a cub scout program?
I am a cub scout leader too, but like above, it is through church. It is a lot of fun though.
Great. Thanks a lot Courtney. That just blows my whole plan to get Justin to clean out the litter box. And yes, Shaylene, we do have scouts at church, but the church program doesn't start until the boys are 8, and Brock really wanted to do scouts this year. I figure we'll just do it through the school for one year, and then he can switch over the church program in April when he turns 8. He might have to be a "wolf" for two years in a row, but I don't think he really cares...as long as he gets to wear the uniform! (That's all that really matters anyway, right?)
Post a Comment