Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear Diary...

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear Diary,

I ran over my dog today. I was on my way to the church to drop off some Christmas trees and nativity sets for the "Come to the Manger" nativity display going on this weekend. Sadie was chasing the minivan up the driveway like she always does. I guess she finally got too close to the tire because all of a sudden I heard a yelp, felt a thump, and saw my sweet, stupid boxer hobbling off into the trees, hacking up blood. Her two-week-old spay site had torn open, her back left leg was banged up, and her lungs were filling with blood. I wrapped her in a blanket and rushed her to the vet. They put her on oxygen, took some x-rays, and gave her something to help clear the blood from her lungs. They're going to keep her overnight and see how she does.


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dear Diary,

Today I spent 6 hours setting up nativities for "Come to the Manger". I babysat-swapped with two other moms whose kids all spent the entire day at my house, watching movies and playing with play-doh. The sheet rockers were also at the house, finishing the new master bedroom. I hope they didn't mind stepping over piles of toys and children while they did their work. Sadie came home from the vet with pain killer, antibiotics, a belly full of staples, and a $500 vet bill. Maybe I should've just gotten a new dog instead.


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dear Diary,

It was 9 degrees outside this morning. Our 5-acre-lake is covered with ice. The boys want to know if they can go ice skating on it. Brock's class had a field trip to the state capitol building. Brock wore his thick snow gloves and left them at the capitol. I'm really sick of buying new snow gloves.


Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dear Diary,

I got to the gym this morning and realized that I had forgotten my earphones for my iPod. The gym without music is kind of like Six Flags without roller coasters. No fun at all.


Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear Diary,

This morning, I took the boys to visit Trinity Lutheran School. They had a Christmas worship service put on by the Kindergarten, 3rd and 4th graders. It was long. Austin got really bored. After the program, we visited each of the Kindergarten and 2nd grade classrooms, met the teachers, and sat through part of classes. The boys are all excited to start school there in January. I hope I'm making the right decision by sending them to Lutheran school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobbi: On the glove issue. When I was a kid, my mom took a long piece of elastic, maybe 1/4" wide (the kind you would sew into a waste band on clothing)and sew each end onto one of our gloves. Then she would thread it into one arm of our coat and out the other. That way we could take off and on our gloves, but they always stayed in our coat (Could also be transferred to another coat easily.) No more lost gloves.
--Uncle Bill

Shayleen Lunt said...

Dear Bobbi,
I hope you got good sleep in between each of those days. And that your dog is doing better. And that you'll soon have a 3 bedroom house.
Love,
Shayleen

malleygirl said...

Thank you Bobbi!!!

I hope your dog is doing ok!! Your little ones are sure cute!!