Brock got a bb gun for Christmas...
While I'm sure that even the kid on "A Christmas Story" was older than Brock is, we had to find something that would rival the excitement of a Nintendo DS since his mother refused to grant that Christmas wish for him this year. I mean seriously, how many gaming systems does a kid need in the house? We already have a Wii and a PS3. Why on earth would I want to hand him his very own portable mind-numbing device to tote around with him in the car, on the school bus, to the playground...I mean, honestly, what kind of mother would I be?? It's much more responsible to hand him a weapon and send him out into the freezing cold to shoot woodpeckers, rabbits, squirrels, and anything else that moves, right?

Eden got a better kitchen than her mother for Christmas: (Santa got a killer deal on this one, btw! Remember the Four Seasons yard sale back in September?)

And the twins got bikes. No pictures of the bikes yet. Not because the twins haven't been out riding them already in the snow and ice, but because their mom is too wimpy to go out into the snow and ice to take a picture of them riding.
Justin and I got a new master bedroom for Christmas...only we didn't move our stuff in fast enough and the new Christmas toys quickly took over the new addition:
While we'll eventually have to kick the kids out once we get around to moving the bedroom furniture in, it sure has been nice to have a designated "toy room" while the kids are on Christmas break.
We've all enjoyed the winter wonderland that surrounds us this time of year. The lake has had quite a bit of ice on it, and the kids have been very curious to explore the frozen mass. Austin fell in once...luckily the freezing water only came up to his knees. All the same, I think we'll hold off a while longer before breaking out the ice skates...
Monday, December 28, 2009
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I absolutely agree with you on the bb gun vs. the DS. My kids want one so bad and I just can't bring myself to give them. I know I'll never see them again if I do.
As for Tara, I was her trainer as missionaries. I trained her my last three months of my mission. I loved her! I remember when she got a stocking for Christmas from a guy named Buddy and thought it didn't mean anything. I told her that guys don't stuff and stockings to people they have no intentions toward.
It's funny that you and I have never met and we have both Mark and Tara in common. Wierd.
Nintendo DS over a gun anyday :)
Love the pics of the lake. It looks so pristine. Hope you are feeling well.
Post a Comment