Thursday, March 04, 2010

Baby Name Help!!!

So I'm totally having a hard time picking a name for this baby. Justin's already got a name picked, but I'm not completely sold on it yet. (I rarely am sold on any baby name until I actually fill out the birth certificate paperwork at the hospital.) Anyway, I've posted a few of my favorites in a poll on this site, and am taking suggestions from readers. Please take a minute to offer suggestions or just pick your favorites from the list on the poll. Thanks for your help!!!

4 comments:

Krystal said...

Funny thing about the name Slade...I went on 2 dates with a guy named Slade at BYU. He had just gotten off his mission and was still awkward, and kind of creepy. On our second date he seriously said, "It's our second date, I think we should kiss." EW! Really, if you have to ask it's probably not a good sign. But seeing the name totally made me laugh, you've gotta love BYU.

Hilary said...

It's funny, 'cause we've been recently discussing boy names at our house too . . . and Greg has all these rules about how the name works with our last name (which, as you know, is the same as yours!) No 'J' names, he refuses to alliterate. Also, no 'on' or 'an' or 'in' endings. So it ruled out a BUNCH of names for us!
I've pointed out to him that his brother's name is James Johnson, and nobody thinks twice about the two 'Js' in a row . . . and some of his cousins are Landon Johnson, Caden Johnson, and Brandon Johnson and their first names all sound great with their last, even if they have the 'n' endings.
But, he's adament about the 'rules', so it ruled out a bunch of my favorites! :-)

I think Kade is my favorite on your list . . .
My brother Cody used to like his name a lot, but now he doesn't because there are more girl's named Cody (or Kodi or Codi or Kodee) in his class than boys.

Hilary said...

Oh, and Jack is actually one of mine and my sister in law's favorite boy names right now, but our husband's refuse to budge on their alliteration rules, so we didn't even get to discuss it at our houses :-)

THE ORMES said...

I'm gonna say Kaden. I like patterns and since all of your children end in N for their first name (even though Brock doesn't go by his . . . if I'm remembering right . . . I feel very forgetful lately) then Kaden fits. Plus you can always call him Kade, and I think it's a really cute name! Good luck!