Can you believe I didn't blog a single post during the entire month of October? I assure you, it wasn't on purpose. It's not like I'm trying to deprive myself of some kind of excessive internet addiction in order to be more productive around the house or anything. I'm sure I've wasted just as much time online over the past month as I ever have. I guess I just haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately. Lucky for you, however, when the blogging is sparce, there's always Facebook to fall back on, and lest you loyal blog readers miss out on anything important, I thought I'd summarize this past month with some of the more memorable Facebook status updates from October:
September 30 at 9:46pm:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson was the biggest loser in the competition this week...until she celebrated with a Schnucks chocolate donut this morning, a Sonic strawberry limeade chiller this afternoon, and a Yo Yums hot fudge brownie sundae this evening. Today was a good day. :)
October 1 at 1:14pm:
New (used) Suburban!
No, not purchased on eBay, and I can actually get into it without hoisting myself up with all of my upper body strength. There is a funny story to go with it though...it's not exactly what we had in mind. We asked Justin's car dealer patient to keep an eye out for something at the car auction for us. He found a 2007 Suburban and called to ask if we wanted to bid on it. We asked all the important questions: if it smelled like smoke, had 4-wheel drive, and a bench seat in the middle instead of captains chairs. Everything checked out, so he bought it for us. We went to get it from him and sure enough, it had a bench seat in the middle row, but captains seats in the back row?!? What in the world?! Now we have to try and find a back bench seat to go with our "new" car. Nothing can be simple, can it?
October 2 at 1:00pm:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson ate the absolute BEST meal of her life last night at Charley's Mennonite Buffet in the middle-of-nowhere, Missouri. Literally every bite I shoveled into my mouth was to die for delicious! Definitely worth the drive! Yum diddly umptious!!!
October 6 at 7:13am:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson is sick of percentages. 11 lbs. lost since Sept. 1. Go me!!!
I gained A LOT of weight with this last pregnancy. Now my baby is 5 months old and I'm determined to lose it all! It helps that I'm doing a "biggest loser" competition with friends. I've mostly just been eating less and exercising more; avoiding junk food, running, cutting carbs, adding protein, you know, general weight loss stuff. Nothing fancy, although I did break out my P90X nutrition plan and make a few recipes from it. Good stuff.
October 6 at 5:56pm:
Walked outside and found my 3-year-old daughter barefoot and halfway up a pine tree. Man, that girl is spunky!
October 8 at 7:51am:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson wants to knock out one wall of her house, pick the place up and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE until all the clutter falls out.
October 9 at 9:52am:
Gorgeous weather! Beautiful day to "Ride for the Ribbon".
October 10 at 4:57pm:
Brock: Does doing homework on Sunday count as breaking the sabbath?
Me: Yeah, you should probably just get up early tomorrow morning and do it. In the mean time, will you vacuum the living room while I mop the kitchen floor and scrub the toilet?
October 11 at 8:48am:
Outside the gym this morning, we could hear the marching band practicing across the street. Eden exclaimed, "Mom! They're starting! They're going to throw candy!!!"
October 12 at 7:16pm:
Ghosts in the graveyard, kick the can and sardines. Love these autumn evenings!
October 13 at 12:20pm:
Fischer Farms Pumpkin Patch. They're only open to the public on the weekends, but playgroup made reservations to go Monday morning. It was really fun! They have a corn maze too, but we just did the hayride to the pumpkin patch. Eden's favorite part was the barn with the animals of course. Beautiful place!

October 13 at 9:20am:
Rolled ankle while jogging this morning... Damn acorns!
October 14 at 9:13am:
Dear everyone who ever told me that girls were easier to potty train than boys...YOU LIED!!!
October 15 at 12:26pm:
Pulled the kids out of school early and we're headed to St. Louis for some "family time", including Six Flags Fright Fest! Yay! My favorite!
October 15 at 5:27pm:
New iPhone! Anyone want my old 3G?
October 16 at 3:39pm:
Lupus Chilifest. Doesn't get more country than this!
October 19 at 9:55pm:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson started the day with plyometrics. Ended with a pumpkin pie blizzard. Just trying to maintain balance in the universe.
October 20 at 8:08am:
Bobbi Morgan Johnson is determined NOT to be an ornery mother for the next FOUR DAYS while her husband is out of town and her kids are out of school. Pray for me, please! (also accepting dinner & play date invitations. :))
October 20 at 5:46pm:
The boys are making creations out of cardboard boxes in the living room. I'm in the kitchen feeding Kade. I hear the sound of sawing and ask Austin what he's using to cut his box. He holds up an orange plastic Ikea butter knife. Hmmmm....This should be effective.
October 21 at 9:20am:
Parent teacher conferences. Go ahead. Tell me how amazing you think my children are.
October 21 at 5:38pm:
I wait all my life for a little girl that I can dress up as a fairy princess or a ballerina and what does Eden want to be for Halloween? "Toothless", the "Night Fury" from "How to train your dragon". Either that, or a lion.
October 23 at 1:26pm:
No, I'm not prepared for tomorrow's sharing time. Yes, I am in charge of tomorrow's primary sacrament meeting presentation. No, I haven't done laundry for three days. Yes, my house is a complete wreck. But right now I'm taking my kids to Six Flags to show off their homemade Halloween costumes, ride some coasters and GET CANDY!!!
October 23 at 3:00pm:
I was trying to get Eden to take a nap on the way to Six Flags. Then a good song came on the radio and she said, "Mom, I have to be awake so I can dance!" Can't really argue with that, can I?
October 23 at 4:37pm:
On the way into the theme park, Austin realized that his Viking helmet was missing a horn. He said, "That's okay, that will just make it be more scarier." We rushed across the park to the costume contest and made it there just as it was ending. :( If we had been there five minutes earlier, I'm sure we would've won a prize!!! Bummer.
October 29 at 12:39pm:
It's happened. I've officially reached the point in my life where "I put it in a safe place" really just means, "It's lost forever and you'll never ever see it again!"
October 29 at 4:25pm:
Making edible eyeballs for tonight's trunk or treat! Yummy!
October 31, 2010:"I want candy!!!"
Chubby skeleton:
Dr. Frankenstein & Monster:
Fierce Viking Warrior:
Chubby Jack-O-Lantern:
Alien Abductee:
November 3 at 2:47pm:
As a kid, you sneak candy behind your parents' back; as a parent, you sneak candy behind your kids' back.
Sunday, November 07, 2010
October on Facebook
Posted by Bobbi at Sunday, November 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Loved the update! :-) When my little brother Cody left on a mission, Star designed a faux facebook page full of all of our favorite status updates from everyone in the family. It's awesome and hilarious and perfectly captures our personalities and it's laminated and among his most prized possessions on the mission :-)
Post a Comment