Thursday, December 09, 2010

"The Talk"

The topic of procreation has been coming up a lot lately at my house. I've welcomed it. I've wanted my children to come to an understanding of such things in a gradual, casual, and matter-of-fact kind of a way. I've been hesitant to go into too much detail, of course. I would hate to give more information than they're ready for at such a tender age. This morning at the breakfast table, however, Brock was very specific about what he wanted to know,

"Dad, you've gotten mom pregnant before. How did you do it? How do you get your stuff inside her?"

Justin strategically dodged the question by going outside to gather more wood for the fire, leaving me to answer the point-blank question alone. Without time for a proper, in depth discussion on the subject, I briefly explained to Brock (and consequently the other two boys sitting at the breakfast table) that God has given men and women power to create life on earth, and there are rules that go along with that power. That only after marriage, the special boy parts and special girl parts that we keep covered and sacred and special come together to make a baby. Brock thought for a moment and responded in horror,
"You mean Dad peed on you?!"

8 comments:

Hilary said...

This cracked me up. And made me afraid for future conversations at my own house. :-)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hahahaha!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh...my...gosh!! I think I just peed my pants!!! That is the funniest birds and bees comment I have honestly ever heard in my life!!

Josh has been asking too, but not that specific. He just wanted to know that if you can't have sex until AFTER you are married, then how are so many babies born to people who aren't married. Good question though. It's sad what our kids have to be taught at young ages now a days :(

Thanks for sharing and giving me the biggest laugh of the day!!

Clinton Home Educators said...

That's funny. My oldest is along that road also, and so excited for her body to start changing soon, so she keeps telling me.

Strebel's said...

Finally something to smile at today.. i love it

JoMamma said...

Thanks for the laugh. Very Funny.

Lyndi said...

Seriously hilarious!

Our Sweet Life said...

This is the funniest thing I have heard all year!!