So, I've decided not to write a Christmas letter this year. I know, I know. You're so disappointed. You were looking forward to getting a cutesie wootsie little poem or witty update about all the fun things our family has been up to in 2010. Well, sorry. It's just not gonna happen this year.
I'm not gonna tell you about the memorable Disney cruise our family took in January with grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles & cousins, or how we snorkeled in the Caribbean and pirated with Jack Sparrow. I'm not going to brag about how Justin and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and welcomed another beautiful, sweet baby boy into our family this year.
I won't fill you in on how Justin is this awesome dentist whose practice keeps growing and growing and how he's been placing implants and doing extreme smile makeovers like a mad man and how all his patients think he's like this amazing dental guru or something. There's no way you're ever going to hear about his impressive lumberjack skills of hauling wood and starting fires in our new wood burning, heat producing stove. (You'd never know he wasn't an Eagle scout with the way he starts up a fire.) I certainly won't tell you about the flame red Harley he bought in July, or how he took Brock on a cross-country motorcycle ride through Zions National Park to the Grand Canyon.
You're not gonna hear about me earning the "Master Gardener" badge this year, going skydiving with my big sister, or my first (and last) time around the block driving a motorcycle. I won't tell you about attending my niece's beautiful wedding reception in Chicago or our family vacation to Utah in July. You won't know that I sometimes fill in as a dental assistant at Justin's dental office and enjoy serving in the primary presidency at church.
You'll never get to hear about Brock starting third grade, turning eight, getting baptized and getting glasses this year. I won't tell you how he's read all of the Percy Jackson books, earned his wolf patch and religious square knot in cub scouts, and loves playing computer games after he's finished his homework and practiced his piano every day.
You'd probably want to know about Austin turning six, starting first grade, taking gymnastics with his brothers and getting glasses.
Then how Brandon made friends with all of the nurses at the hospital when he had his tonsils and adenoids taken out.
I'd probably have to go into detail about Eden, who turned three, got her first haircut, and learned how to use the potty this year.
And of course I could go on and on about sweet little Kaden Andrew who was born May 3rd, and who melts all of our hearts with his sweet little personality and irresistible grin! At seven months, he's crawling, exploring, and enjoying every inch of the world around him! Surely, I couldn't possibly write a Christmas letter about all of that!
So, you see, I'm taking the year off. I'm not writing a Christmas letter this year. I just wanted to send a quick note to all of our family and friends to let you know that we love you, we're thinking of you, and hope you have a wonderful, blessed holiday season!!!
With love & gratitude & joy,
the Johnson Family
Thursday, December 16, 2010
This is NOT a Christmas letter
Posted by Bobbi at Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
you are so cute Bobbi! I love it! SUch a blessed family!!
Post a Comment