Saturday night, our oldest son, Brock, was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was such a special occasion! I could not have been happier with the outcome. We had so many family and friends attend: Grandma and Grandpa Morgan came all the way from California. The Hueys, Lonergans and Koeppens came up from the Lake of the Ozarks. The Westovers, Hales, DeBauches, Hortons, and of course our own Johnsons were all families from our ward that came to support our son. It was a full house and a wonderful crowd.
Grandma Johnson gave a great talk on baptism, then Justin performed the baptismal ordinance. I didn't actually get to see Brock go under the water because there were so many little kids crowded around the font, but I did get to hear Brock describe how warm and happy he felt when he went under the water.
While Brock and Justin were changing into dry clothes, Grandpa Morgan, Aunt Bev and cousin McKenzi played some beautiful musical arrangements of children's hymns on the piano and violin. It was perfect.
Grandma Morgan gave a fantastic talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost and then Grandpa Johnson performed the confirmation blessing while Justin, Grandpa Morgan, Uncle Chris, Uncle Ken and Bishop Hubbard stood in the circle around Brock. Such a special moment!
Once the meeting was over, we all headed to Dairy Queen for blizzards. Brock was self conscious about going into Dairy Queen wearing his church suit. I asked him why he didn't want to go in and he said, "Mom, they don't want Mormons in there!" I had to laugh. I have a feeling that Dairy Queen was about overrun with Mormons that night, but they had to be happy with all the business we brought in! Even if we were taking full advantage of their buy one blizzard, get one for 25-cents promotion.
I did finally managed to finish Brock's baptism quilt the night before his baptism. It wasn't exactly a surprise, since he's been watching me work on it for several months now, but he was happy to finally get to sleep with it. I'm still nervous to wash it though, so it might become a wall-hanging quilt by the end of this week:
Congratulations, Brock! I am so proud of the good boy that you are! You are growing up so fast and making such good choices. I know that Heavenly Father is pleased with your decision to be baptized. You are following the example of your Savior, and have taken the first vital step towards returning to live with Him someday!!!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Brock's Baptism
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad everything went well! Brock was pretty excited yesterday to tell the class about how things went. I'm so proud of him, and you are a great mom!
Great job on the quilt. That is beautiful.
That sounds like an awesome day. I love the quilt what a great idea.
That is so awesome! What a great family you have! And you are due any day now! GOOD LUCK! LOVE YOU!
His quilt is awesome!! You did a great job.
xoxox
Post a Comment