Last night, I found myself amongst a group of intellectual women, having a deep, analytical discussion. The question was raised, "if your marriage were a dance, what kind of dance would it be?" Some of the responses from the other women were things like "foxtrot", or "tango", or the "paso doble". After listening to the other women talk, and silently analyzing my own marital dynamics, I decided that Justin and I are most like the "Deacon Shuffle":
Ours is a pretty subtle relationship. Not a lot of drama, avoiding confrontation. Every once in a while, we might get out of step, or trip on our own left feet, but if we can just find the beat of the music, we manage to get things back in sync. We slowly rock back and forth on the dance floor, hands carefully placed, not too high or too low for fear that someone might get smacked. We tentatively reach for one another with outstretched arms, palpitating hearts and sweaty palms...and there's no place on the dance floor we'd rather be.
So . . . what's your dance?
Monday, April 12, 2010
Our Dance
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha ha...that is hilarious! I love it. That's me and mark too.
Bobbi, the best part about this post is the picture you chose! I am dying of laughter! I altered our dance from chacha/rumba to flamenco. I'm sure there's a combination of them. Either way, I love your blog! And I love you!
Oh my stars, I love you Bobbi. This is a perfect post.
Buddy wishes we were the Rumba, but I am quite sure we are the deacon shuffle too.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment