Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I'll Start Work On Monday"

Justin quit his job at Premier Dental the first week of February. On March 13th, he made the decision to buy a dental practice in Jefferson City. Closing on the practice won't be until the end of April. However, since we'd already been scraping the bottom of our bank account barrel for a month and a half, Justin negotiated a transitional employment with the current practice owner, assuring me that he would probably be able to "start work on Monday". Three Mondays later, he was still working out final details, hanging around the house a lot, and taking the boys fishing three or four times a week. It was wonderful having him home so much, but I was really getting nervous about our financial situation. Finally, not on Monday, but Wednesday, he saw his first patients at the new dental practice. He called me on his way home from work yesterday and said, "Bobbi, I love my job!" What a relief!!! Now I can breathe a little bit easier knowing that we will once again be putting money into our bank account, instead of just taking it out.

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

What a great thing to hear your husband say!
I've always wanted to possibly move back to Utah and I've brought up a couple of opportunities lately for Aaron, but then he asks, "Do they have jet engines?"
Oh well, at least he "loves his job"
:)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh that is great news Bobbi (for both of you!) That would be so scary not having an income. Just having a house payment would deplete an account pretty fast minus all the other "stuff". Glad to hear he's working and getting settled in at a place "he loves"!! That's exciting!

Jamie Smith said...

Congrats on starting work! That seemed to go really fast though for you guys! It's been what - at least a year and a half now for us. Only 2 1/2 more months though until our first Monday!!! Anyways, it's nice once money starts coming in instead of going out! I'm impressed you were able to go that long on your savings. We need to get a better savings.