Finding ourselves with nowhere to go on New Year's Eve (and unable to get to Utah in time for the Summerill's really cool New Year's Eve dance party/Erin's 30th birthday extravaganza), we decided to have a rockin' New Year's Eve bash of our own. Justin made a quick trip to Sam's Club for pizza and bean dip, I drove to three different locations trying to track down a copy of Dance Dance Revolution and another guitar and dance pad for the Wii, cleared out the dining room for a dance floor and hung a sequin Christmas tree ornament as a disco ball. We invited a few of our favorite people: the Lonergans and Koeppens, cranked up Pandora radio, popped in a movie on the upstairs t.v., and hooked up the Wii in the basement. We let the kids play Smash Brothers and Dance Dance Revolution for the first few hours, then we put the babies to bed, shuffled the kids upstairs to watch (or fall asleep during) a movie and the adults rocked out to AC/DC Rock Band 'til 2009! We were so good, we got through all 18 songs before midnight!! It was really fun!!!
This little girl didn't quite make it 'til midnight. She was in bed promptly at 8:30.
I just can't get enough of those rosy red cheeks
I looked everywhere for a disco ball. The best I could find was this little sequin Christmas tree ornament at the party outlet on clearance for $1.49.
These two little dancing queens were so fun to watch. They were really gettin' down on the dance floor!
While Emma & Tamblyn were getting down on the dance floor, Max, Brock & Eliza were gettin' down on the dance pad!
Even the kids (and adults) who weren't on the dance pad were still gettin' jiggy with it in the background...
Once the kids were done with their turn, it was time for the adults to get rockin'!
Nate singing "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" was by far the best performance of the night!
Little Rocky showed that he has his daddy's mad vocal skills...and he's a party animal...he rocked out with us all the way 'til midnight!!!
Brenda trying to stay on beat while I scream in her ear:
Nancy makin' the drums look easy:
Justin takes his Wii guitar-playing very seriously:
Have a Rockin' New Year Everybody!!!
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Rockin' In The New Year
Posted by Bobbi at Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We welcomed in the New Year the same way. Well, kind of. I couldn't seem to make it until midnight ;) Someday I WILL own a Wii ;) In the mean time, thanks goodness for friends that do! Rockband certainly is a party must have!
You guys are too funny...totally bummed we missed out on such a rockin party!
hahaha...that is totally awesome. I wish that we had the ddr! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment