Saturday, December 27, 2008

Spoiled

As if getting a snazzy new digital camera for Christmas wasn't enough, today Justin went and bought me a brand spankin' new 2008 Honda Odyssey!!!! It has leather seats, a sun roof, those cool automatic sliding doors, and a removable third seat for the middle row...so it seats eight!! Best of all, it comes with a 6 month subscription to XM radio so I was jammin' out to the 90's on 9 all the way home from Jeff City. WAY COOL!!! I love my new van! Thanks, Justin. It's sure is nice to be spoiled!



Now, we haven't gotten rid of the old van yet, which means that we currently have FIVE vehicles in the Johnson fleet:

#1. A 1985 Suzuki Samurai that sits in the garage 360 days a year but we can't get rid of because it has sentimental value since Justin's first vehicle at age 16 was a Suzuki Samurai and Justin's uncle Tom pretty much built the one we own from scratch,

#2: A 2004 Dodge Ram Diesel that we can't get rid of because we owe more than it's worth, and nobody wants to buy a gas-guzzling diesel in this economy anyway,

#3: A 2008 Honda Accord that we can't get rid of because then Justin would have to go back to driving the gas-guzzling diesel on his 45 minute commute to work everyday,

#4: A 2008 Honda Odyssey that we can't get rid because we love it, and we just bought it brand new today, and as everyone knows, when you buy a brand new vehicle it depreciates a couple thousand dollars as soon as you drive it off the lot,

#5: A 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan that we WILL get rid of in a few weeks when Justin's grandma comes to take it back to Texas with her. Meanwhile, we really could use a bigger garage.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, sounds fabulous! Landon apparently picked the wrong profession!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Yep, you're spoiled! And I hear that satelite radio is a "once you have it, you can't get rid of it" kind of thing! Happy Jammin'.

The Blaisdell Family said...

WOW! That's all that came to my mind! And then WOW again when I was done reading it.

Man, I guess we picked the wrong state to be a dentist...there's no WAY we could be having as much fun as you guys have had buying things since graduation!

Have fun in your new wheels!

i'm erin. said...

oh bobbi! I love your new van...I wish I could transport myself to your place and drive around in it. We have a 2004 odyssey and they are great vans! I say, hop in your van and drive on out to utah and come boogie down with me...
oh by the way, I think we might go to disneyland in march. like march 21-25. you wanna come? it would be a lot of fun!
luv erin

Tiffany said...

Yikes! Pay off that Dodge Ram Diesel quick so you don't have to worry about it anymore... ;) I so enjoyed catching up on your blog... glad to see you've still got a great sense of humor :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, brag much?