Erin Summerill mentioned a funny thing in passing on her latest blog post about sending kids to church in their pj's, which reminded me of something funny that happened two Sundays ago....
Our family had just driven all night on our return trip from Texas. We had just enough time to squeeze in a few short hours of sleep before getting up and ready for church that morning. Justin had early meetings before church, and this sleep-deprived mother (who, I might mention, drove the last 6-hour stretch of the trip home) had to get all four road-weary kids up and ready for church alone. I did a lot of yelling: "Get dressed! Eat your breakfast! Get in the van!" In a groggy blur, we were out the door and on to church. It wasn't until we arrived in the parking lot that I turned around and realized that two of my three boys didn't have any shoes on! Did I care? Not in the least. Justin asked if he should drive home and get shoes for them. Are you kidding me? No. They can go to church in their socks just this once. I'm sure no one even noticed or cared. So, yes, Erin, I'm sure if I could get away with taking my 4-year-olds to church without shoes, you probably could bring your kids to church in their pj's.
Monday, December 08, 2008
Footloose
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, December 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It snowed today. It was cold. Annie wanted nothing more than to remain in her fleece PJs all day, and I saw no reason to argue that. I'm wondering now if it had been Sunday if I would've been so laid back about it? Probably not, but I definitely would've considered it. And if we weren't currently living in a ward where my father in law is Bishop, may have even let her go with it.
Hey I finally did your invite for our family blog. G never posts so let me just tell you about him for a sec... He served his mission in Florida. He married like six months later. He became a cop a couple of years ago. And finally his wife is prego with their first, due in May. I figured you would like you to hear how he is more than the rest of the fam. Anyway, merry Christmas!!
bobbi, you rock! I totally have done the same thing. I like to think that I was giving my kids the freedom to express themselves how they want.
Post a Comment