
I love my iPhone. It comes in handy for so many different purposes. I can use it to access Google Reader and Facebook at anytime from anywhere. I can organize my shopping list by department and total the cost of items before getting to the register. It is such a nifty little tool that makes my life simpler in so many different ways...except for making phone calls.
Talking on the iPhone can be absolutely infuriating. I can be in the middle of a conversation, and if my cheek even lightly bumps the screen, I either hit the "mute" button and the person on the other line can't hear me at all, or I bump "speaker" and then everyone around me can hear the person on the other line! What's worse, is when I pull the phone away from my ear, the screen often goes completely black, so I can't push any buttons at all! So, when I accidentally bump "mute" and then pull the phone away from my ear to try and un-mute it, I can't because the screen has gone black and there's no more "mute" button to push! It is seriously SO annoying.
Another major quirk with my iPhone is that it likes to randomly call people for no reason at all. For example, I was up at 4am on Black Friday, heading out to do some frantic holiday shopping. A few hours later, I was at breakfast with Justin and his mom at a little Mexican cafe in Boerne, Texas. I noticed that I had a voicemail message on my iPhone. I checked the message and found that some poor woman had received a phone call from my iPhone at 5:45 that morning. I had no idea who the lady was. She wasn't in my contacts list, and I had no recollection of ever dialing her number before. She was understandably upset, and stated that I had awoken both her and her 3-year-old child. I was so embarrassed! How terrible of me! How terrible of my phone! Why would it go and do a thing like that?! I thought I should call the lady back and apologize, but I wasn't quite sure what to say..."um, hi, I'm sorry to bother you again, you see, I'm the owner of the rude iPhone who randomly dialed your number at an ungodly hour this morning. I hope you and your child were able to get back to sleep!" I never did find out who the poor woman was, but if she happens to be reading this blog right now, please know that I am horrified and humiliated and so sorry about the unfortunate mishap.
Another unfortunate event occurred last night. I was performing in a choir concert with my big sister, Bev, and after the concert, there were some refreshments available for the attendants. Bev and I were chatting and I started to vent about some frustrations I've had with my husband lately. (I know, I know, what could I possibly find to complain about with my dear, sweet husband? It's hard to believe, but somehow I did.) Anyway, unbeknownst to me, my psychotic iPhone was in my coat pocket, randomly dialing my home phone number, broadcasting my entire conversation to that same dear, sweet husband that I was venting about! Once again, I was horrified and humiliated. So...the moral of the story is, never talk about your husband behind his back, because you never know when your phone might be working as a SPY...and if you're thinking about buying an iPhone, you might consider getting an iTouch instead. It still does all of the cool stuff an iPhone can do, only it won't randomly call people and broadcast your private conversations when you don't want it to.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
My iPhone has an iMind of its own
Posted by Bobbi at Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
thanks for the heads up...i really like the look of the itouch this gives me one more reason to like it! hope the hubby took the complaints okay!
BOBBI!!
CUTEST family! How are you? I really like the blogging wold for this reason!! How else would we be able to find each other?
Sorry about the iphone mishap..I guess some things are meant to be heard..oopps.
hahahaha...bobbi, I seriously just peed myself from reading your blog. I laughed so hard about the lady and the 3 year old, and then when you accidentally called home and aired your business...that is awesome.
I think you should keep the iphone...at least life will stay interesting. hahahahaha
I'm now kinda terrified of all my many apple products turning on me! :-)
Those stories are hilarious...I can't stop laughing!!
Post a Comment