
Tonight Justin and I went to our first ever UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY!!! I was SO excited when our friends Jill & Landon invited us because I had read about one these parties on my mom's cousin's daughter (not to mention good friend that I love), Kelli's blog, and thought it sounded like SO MUCH FUN! AND IT WAS!!! The guests all wore ugly Christmas sweaters and there were PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS!!! Besides laughing at all the ugly sweaters, we also got to eat lots of yummy food, exchange white elephant gifts and play a very competitive game of Christmas Carol Win, Lose or Draw! We had to draw Christmas carol titles with our eyes closed. It was a blast! Here are some photos of the fun!
The Girls:
The Guys:
Our lovely hostess, Jill, who actually made that sweater look pretty dang cute!
I still can't believe Justin's sweater didn't win. Look at that work of art!!! So crafty!!
Rachel & Jason were the lucky winners of the ugly sweater contest:
Here's my big sister, Bev, drawing...."Angels We Have Heard On High!?"
Justin's blind-folded rendition of "Joy To The World" turned out looking a little bit obscene...
This was by far the raddest white elephant gift I've ever seen!!! Jill fashioned these awesome maxi pad slippers, complete with flower embellishments, all by herself! So chic!!!
Thanks so much Jill & Landon for putting on such a fun event! Justin and I had such a great time!!! We hope you guys have fun finding all of the hidden treasure we left in your closet!!! (Hee hee..as the guests left the party, we each snuck into the hosts' closet and hung our ugly sweaters up for them to find later...jokes on them!)
Saturday, December 20, 2008
U-G-L-Y You Ain't Got No Alibi!
Posted by Bobbi at Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Bobbi you crack me up...I just ran up and checked out my closet and am so embarrassed you saw my room in such a disastrous state...and, I don't think a thank you is in order for those sweaters!!!!! Too funny. I'm so glad you guys came. It was a blast!! Love you!!!
This is such a good idea!! You two looked great.
Thanks for the great picture of me. It is one of the best I have ever seen.
so fun huh?! Its becoming quite the trend to do these parties! So fun, and its always so fun to have such a great friends to spend time with too! Whoa! Those slippers are crazy! So fun, glad you got to experience the ugly sweater party!
I have never heard of an ugly sweater party, but I'll have to remember that idea for next year! Love your sweaters...pretty...ummm...ugly!! :) Looks like you had a fun time, but then again, wherever Bobbi is, fun is also. :)
Oh, how funny! Looks like you had a blast! Merry Christmas!
...and laughing some more! I can't believe how popular these fun & creative ugly sweater parties are... I totally want to go to one next year :)
Post a Comment