Friday, February 12, 2010

Sixes

I can hardly believe the twins are SIX today!! What the heck happened? I swear just last week they were my roly poly babies. Now they're practically ready to move out of the house!

For their birthday this year, I brought in extra birthday treats to their already sugar-laden classrooms (due to Valentine's parties also going on today). They each got to wear a special "Happy Birthday" hat at school, which they absolutely loved.




After school, we took the family to Chuck E Cheese for pizza & games, and on the way home we stopped at Toys R Us to let the boys each pick out a birthday present. Austin picked a remote control helicopter and Brandon picked a Terminator mask with glowing red eyes and voice-changing powers.







Back at home, I had a giant Oreo cookie cake and ice cream waiting. The twins took turns blowing out the candles. It was a very simple birthday. No friends. No invitations or decorations, but I knew it was a success when Brandon giddily proclaimed, "This is the best birthday ever!!!"

I love my kids. They make me so happy. Thanks for being my sweet, sweet six year olds, Austin and Brandon. I am SO proud to be your mom!!!






1 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Twins!!! Wow. It doesn't seem like it was six years ago. WoW!