I haven't been blogging as much in recent years. In fact, a month ago, I started to compile all of my posts from 2011 into an annual blog book, and I decided there weren't even enough posts to bother with and I'd be better off waiting 'til the end of 2012 to print a blog book. What could be the reason for the stark decline in blogging activity? There was a time when I was a bit of an obsessive blogger, constantly composing posts in my head throughout the day. Now, I struggle to come up with anything remotely blog worthy. Have I changed that much? Has blogging become just another chore to catch up on? Has broadcasting my life story finally lost its appeal? Not really. I think the real culprit in all of this is Facebook. It's just too easy to post a quick thought or vent in a sentence or two to Facebook, from my computer at home, or on my phone while I'm out and about...an ongoing conversation between myself and the world. This poor old blog just takes too much effort for a busy girl like me, with all of the making sure my thoughts are coherent, my grammar correct, and my storyline compelling. That's a lot of brain power to come up with at the end of the day. So, for a relatively effortless catch up post, I'm once again referring to Facebook. Here's what's been happening so far this year...
January 2
Discovered today that we couldn't play Rock Band or Dance Dance Revolution on the new blue Wii we got for Christmas. You can bet that thing went right back to Wal-Mart this afternoon!
January 6
It's 5pm on January 6th and my children are literally running around outside in their underwear. I'm trying not to think about what the price will be for this unseasonably delightful weather! Absolutely gorgeous day!
January 11
Just when I thought we were past the Fiskars mishaps, Eden cut the whiskers off of the cat.
January 13
Giving blood is a quick and easy way to lose weight! Stop by the blood drive today at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Henwick Lane in Jefferson City. You'll be glad you did! :)
January 13 at 7:03pm @ Capital Region Emergency Room
Baby has the croup. Justin insisted on taking him to the doctor who sent him to the ER just in time for Justin to leave on a boy scout campout, so now I'm stuck in the ER on a Friday night. The good news is, Kade is doing much better, and we should be outta here soon! I might add that I am more than happy to be the parent stuck in the ER rather than be the parent on a boy scout campout in this cold!!! Boys are crazy!!!
January 15
Justin shaved his beard last night. It only took twelve hours and him mentioning it to me before I noticed. worst. wife. ever.
January 16
Justin accidentally lit the yard on fire last night. [Un]fortunately, he got it put out before it reached the house.
January 16
Shake the diapers and Cheerios out of the purse, ladies! It's Moms' night out!!! Woot!
January 20
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein
January 31
Such a fun reunion with awesome good friends and food! — with Marlie Nelson Reed and Justin Johnson at Cafe Rio (Colorado Blvd.)
February 2
Second day skiing, these kids are loving it! So much fun watching them fly down the mountain! Blizzard hitting tonight, we might just have to stay here and ski a few more days! — in Granby, CO.
February 3
With 11 hours of snow behind us, we're now starting on 7 hours of rain ahead of us. Could we have picked a worse day for a road trip? Really?
February 7
Shopping for a fancy ball gown. (will someone please just poke me in the eye?) Why do all the dresses with sleeves end up looking like old lady choir robes?
February 7
Kudos to Rick Santorum! If Mitt had to lose to anyone, I'd much rather it be Rick than anyone else. Good man. Exciting race. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Blame it on Facebook
Posted by Bobbi at Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment