
Last week, we took the three "big" boys skiing in Granby, Colorado. It was insane. I couldn't get over how crazy fast these kids picked the sport up. I am now officially the worst skier in the family. We stayed at SolVista Resort and skied for two days. The first day, we put the kids in ski school while Justin and I eased our way into skiing for the first time in 6 or 20 years. (ie: skiing about one run per hour and then sitting by the fire moaning about how bad our legs and backs ached) We "checked on the kids" a lot to see how they were progressing. By 3pm, they were ready to load the big lift with Mom & Dad, and it was all downhill from there (yes, literally). By day two, the kids were going off 20 foot jumps and slaloming through the pines. They couldn't get enough, and were of course begging us all the way home to let them join the Olympic Ski Team. If only Missouri had mountains...
We heard there was a blizzard moving our way Thursday night. When we woke up Friday morning, there was barely a dusting of snow on the ground, so we decided to go ahead with our plans to drive home that day. By the time we hit Denver, the snow was falling hard. We got out of Denver and found that I-70 had been shut down. So, we took a 6-hour detour around the closed portion of I-70 and onto clear roads only to run into another blizzard in Kansas. We finally got home at 2am Saturday morning. I don't think we could've picked a worse day to travel. But, we were once again glad to get home and see our babies. When are we ever going to learn to stop leaving the little kids behind? They grow too fast while we're away! I swear Eden and Kade each aged about a year and a half in the four days we were gone. Will someone please figure out a way to stop time!?!?!
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Ski School
Posted by Bobbi at Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is awesome how quickly your boys took to skiing. I have not been in forever, and I'm sure it would not be a pretty sight. Sorry about the detour getting home. I really am starting to question your luck when it comes to traveling (the actual traveling part).
Glad you had a great trip.
Post a Comment