Sunday, February 26, 2012

Super Sunday



This Sunday was absolutely unforgettable! I feel so very grateful to be blessed with family and friends that I love so very dearly. I am also overcome with joy for the great truth that I know in my heart that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives, and leads His church on the earth today!

This morning, my sweet nephew, Nicholas, spoke from the heart about his desire to serve a full time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Nicholas will be living in Argentina for the next two years, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ's love, priesthood power, eternal families, living prophets, and the restored church in these latter days. Nicholas spoke in church about how the gospel is like a box of his favorite cereal. If he hides the box of cereal in the pantry, and only takes it out to eat by himself, it will not be nearly as sweet as if he takes it out and shares it with the world, so that they can know how delicious it tastes. When we share what we love most with the people around us, then our joy is made full. (He also made a reference to the story of Jonah, who was swallowed by a "big fish", at which point my sweet Eden blurted out for all to hear, "IT WASN'T A FISH! IT WAS A WHALE!" Aside from being completely mortified, I must say that I was very pleased to know that she had been paying such close attention!) I absolutely adore my nephew, and know he will do so much good, bearing such powerful witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ, to the good people of Argentina. I am so very happy and excited for him!

Later on, this afternoon, surrounded by their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings and so many good and dear friends, my sweet twins were baptized as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Through this sacred priesthood ordinance, they have taken upon themselves the name of Christ, joined His eternal family, and have promised to obey His commandments and honor His name. Through priesthood authority, their sins are washed away, and they have received the precious gift of the Holy Ghost to be their constant companion as long as they stand true to the covenant they have made with our Heavenly Father. I am so overcome with joy and gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and for the choice that my boys have made to follow their Savior's example and be baptized and confirmed as members of His holy church. What a very special day!


0 comments: