I am truly elated to be the proud recipient of the coveted "Smile Award"...reserved only for the most noble, brave, and elite members of the blogging community. As the recipient of such a high honor, I express my deep appreciation to all of my fans. You faithful readers of the "Johnson Journal", who care enough to bookmark my blog on your toolbar, subscribe to it on google reader, and leave witty comments at the end of each post...YOU are the reason I spend so many countless hours writing colorful compositions and uploading priceless photos. Thank you for taking the time to read about my life, my philosophies, and my frustrations. It really means a lot. I am honored to accept this award from my talented and beautiful bff, Erin. I can't thank her enough. She has inspired me in so many ways. Erin, I love you. You're awesome! I promise to do my very best to live worthy of the "Smile Award" and do everything I can to display the characteristics of a recipient of this prize. 
It is difficult to choose who to pass such a noble award on to...I can only choose five recipients and there are so many who are truly brave. However, since I must choose, the winners of the covered Smile Award go to...(drum roll please...)
1. Jill Kirk
Jill is definitely one of the bravest, funnest, happiest, craftiest, most beautiful women I know. Seriously, if I could dress and accessorize like Jill, I would be lovin' life! I've known Jill for a little over a year now, but have gotten to know her so much better through reading her blog. I love her spirit. I love her strength. I love her friendship. Jill, I love you! You seriously rock and I am so glad to know you!!
2. Sarah Hull
Sarah and I recently became re-united through the blogging world. Back in the summer of 1999, Sarah truly took me "under her wing" and adopted me into her circle of awesome friends while I went to live with my parents in an unfamiliar state between college semesters. Sarah is one of the most genuinely nice people I have ever known. She offers her friendship without reservation to anyone she meets, including me, a stranger from Utah who needed someone to hang out with for the summer. Thank you, Sarah, for your awesome example and friendship. I love you forever!!!
3. Jamie Smith
Jamie is pure extract of fun. I love this girl to death! She will forever be 19 in my mind. She is spunky, young, and cute as all get-out. Jamie makes me laugh every time I read her blog. She says and does the funniest things, and it seems that her life is always an adventure! Jamie, you're awesome! Congrats on baby #2! You are surely the cutest mom ever!!!
4. Jaime Blaisdell
Jaime and I survived putting our husbands through dental school together. Her apartment was a second home to my kids and I while Justin was at school during the day. On the evenings and weekends, our families would enjoy regular get-togethers and fun outings together. I will always cherish the memories of time spent with Jaime and her family. Jaime always seems to have it together. This girl never loses her cool. She is smart, organized, and the life of the party. She has an opinion about everything and is usually always right! She is a very loyal friend, and a stellar wife and mother. Jaime has been a friend and an example to me in so many ways. Jaime, you know I love you!
5. Shaylene Lunt
Shaylene makes me feel like a forever-teenager. She and I used to cruise state street in high school, yelling out the window at random strangers and toilet papering houses at midnight. Shaylene is always happy, always fun, and always ready for an adventure! Shaylene, you rock my world...even more than Rick...and I am so glad that we've kept in touch for so long.
These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Honored...
Posted by Bobbi at Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Too funny!!! Who creates these games anways?
It reminds me of door bell ditching someone's house and leaving cookies while hoping they will do the same for someone else in return...the love just spreads all around!
Anyways, you are totally deserving of this award for sure! Thanks tons for nominating me too! You are so nice, and that was way too kind of a comment :)
What a silly game, but oh so fun!!! I guess I better do my post soon and keep this thing going!
I feel so honored to be a recipient of the Smile Award! You are too kind! I'm glad you spend the countless hourse handpicking pictures to post and coming up with catching stories and posts to right! Thanks for making me feel 19 again too, because according to Paul I can no longer pass as a teenager! That's good you recieved the smile award because I think you are perfect at all being all those things - except for making mistakes that is!
Thanks Bobbi for your kind words!!! I'm glad I can fool people into seeing me as someone who has it together because I know I don't!!! Craig can agree to that:)
Bobbi - Thanks for the award! Will you be offended if I get lazy about forwarding it onto people? You are so kind and you make me miss my green machine with the little sunroof ;)
I miss your little jumping Toyota too! Oh the hills it could jump!
Bobbi! THANK YOU, THANK YOU! What a treat! You are so kind and I feel totally honored. I made Bryant come in and read what you wrote because I was so excited. You are just too sweet! Thank you so much! That summer was so fun and we were the lucky ones to get to be YOUR friend!! I am so glad we have re-connected through this fun blog world. Thanks again!
Post a Comment