I was in the kitchen this morning, wearing my awesome new orange polka dot skirt, pouring bowls of cereal for my kids while listening to Michael Dawdle's gorgeous guitar music, and I couldn't help but start twirling around in circles, making my skirt flare out in a wavy circle. Austin caught me doing this, and didn't approve at all. He stood in the doorway with his hands on his hips, a scowl on his face, and scolded, "MOM, STOP ACTING LIKE A BARBIE!!!"
Later, after witnessing my flawless ballet dancing in the kitchen, Brock asked what a boy ballerina wears. I told him "stretchy pants". He wanted to know more, so I looked up some YouTube videos of ballerina couples dancing together. Brock thought it looked fun, but Austin was still disgusted. "I HATE BALLERINAS!" Austin declared, "I DON'T WANT TO BE IN LOVE!" Oh my! What a funny kid.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
I'm A Barbie Mom
Posted by Bobbi at Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Austin is a crack up!
Love the skirt Bobbi. It's VERY cute!
Isn't embarrassing your children one of the benefits of being a parent?
That is a crack up! I loved that post! So funny! Just wait until your sweet daughter can appreciate your awesome skirt twirls.
I had on a "twirly" skirt and did a few moves myself this morning. It caught the girls attention and they were in awe and were so excited about me being a "mommy ballerina."
Post a Comment