Monday, August 25, 2008

My Two Pre-Schoolers



Pre-school FINALLY started today. Austin and Brandon were SO EXCITED to start going to school! I think Austin has been asking me every day since June 1st if it's time for him to start preschool yet. Then, when Brock started first grade last Wednesday, it was ABSOLUTE TORTURE for the twins to have to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS to start their school. Fortunately, they survived the wait, went to their first day of pre-school today, and they loved it!

I'm not sure what the specific reason was, but Austin scored low enough on his pre-school evaluation that he qualified for the free Title 1 pre-school program at the elementary school. And, since Brandon is his twin, he was accepted as well. I was glad to know that I wasn't going to have to enroll them in private preschool, however, I was extremely frustrated when I found out that they had been put in separate classes in the afternoon, after I specifically requested, on three separate occasions, that they put in the same class in the morning...however, now that they've met their teachers and gotten excited about the idea of having "their own class" instead of sharing with each other, I don't think I dare try to change anything at this point. Now, I just need to decide where to start on my long list of things to do during those three short hours a day when it's just me and Eden! How fun! I'm actually really excited for the twins to be in school. It helps that they were so ready and willing to go!!!

4 comments:

The Wents said...

Bobbi, I was so excited to hear from you. I can't believe you have 4 kids. It's crazy you live in Missouri!! I also married a Texan...Houston though. Congratulations on such a beautiful family. I'm excited to keep in touch now.

The Kerr Family said...

The boys are so big! What are you going to do with all of your free time? That's so exciting. And it's nice that the boys were ready and raring to go.

Kelli Proctor said...

so fun! They are so cute! As far as them being in different classes, maybe it will be a good thing! I totally think everything happens for a reason and sometimes we just need to let go and let things work the way they are supposed to. Have so much fun with your "free" time! You seem the the coolest mom!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Wow, I can't believe your twins are in preschool!! What would that even be like to only have 1 kid at home?? A little jealous here:)

I think it's good they are in different classes. I would rather have them get use to that now than have them throw a fit at Kindergarten time when they HAVE to go to school. I think it will be good for them. I'm just still shocked that they are that old!!

Oh, by the way, the "ice cream Potato" isn't potato flavored...just vanilla ice cream shaped like a potato with chocolate on the outside:) It's actually pretty good.