
This afternoon, the boys came running upstairs, all excited because they had found a cute little blue gecko in our basement! They wanted to know if they could catch it and put it in the terrarium with our big pet gecko so that he could have a "friend". I knew that we had run out of crickets and worms over the weekend, and our leopard gecko that we call "BABE" (Acronym for "Brock, Austin, Brandon & Eden", thanks again, Tonya, for the great name suggestion) was probably pretty hungry, so I wasn't sure how the two would get along, but the boys were insistent, and I was curious to see what would happen, so we agreed. We caught the cute little helpless basement-dweller and introduced him to "BABE". Then we all watched...and waited. Sure enough! "BABE" ATE THE GECKO!!! I wish I had caught it on video. First, he climbed up in his little fake terrarium tree, waited until the little gecko was right under him, then he slithered down and pounced, grabbing him by the neck...then swallowed him head first while the little guy's tail whipped back and forth violently the whole way. It was AWESOME!!!
Once the little gecko had disappeared entirely into the big gecko's mouth, Austin looked up very concerned and asked, "How is he going to get back out?"
Then Brandon suggested, "Maybe we can go to the store and find a BIG gecko to be his friend."
I smiled because now I won't have to go to the pet store and buy crickets for another day.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Survival of the BIGGEST
Posted by Bobbi at Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is hilarious!!!! How is it going to get back out...I want to know too!?
That grosses me out, but is cool at the same time :) lol.
Ha! What cute kids you have! But I have to say that I'm glad you didn't catch it on video. Just reading about it grossed me out!
Post a Comment