Today is Austin and Brandon's fifth birthday. I asked each of them what kind of cake they wanted for their birthday. Austin said chocolate outer space cake and Brandon said white Power Ranger cake. Now, I personally think that it's every child's god-given right to get whatever kind of cake they want on on their birthday, so, it looks like I won't be getting by with making just one cake this year. As I cleared a spot on my already-cluttered-with-valentine-projects-galore kitchen counter and started baking cakes...two of them...one chocolate and one vanilla, my mind wandered back to the "Mama's Boys" blog post I did a couple of nights ago. One of the questions I asked my boys was, "How are you and your mom the same?" I admit that even I had a hard time coming up with a quick, easy answer for that one. Brock and I have the same color eyes, it's true. As for the twins, they're short, I'm tall. They're boys, I'm a girl. They have brown eyes, I have blue eyes. What do we have in common with one another? Then today, I thought of something: The twins and I both have birthdays just one day away from our maternal grandmothers' birthdays! Isn't that fascinating? My Grandma Allen's birthday is June 4th, and mine is June 3rd. My mom's birthday is February 11th and Austin and Brandon's birthday is February 12th! Maybe it's a stretch, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Another fun fact about me: I am TERRIBLE at remembering birthdays. In fact, I'm so terrible at remembering birthdays that I never could remember my own mother's birthday until I had twins the day after her birthday. Sad, huh? At a recent doctor's visit, I even forgot my own daughter's birthday. I kept mixing up months and dates of my other kids and finally had to pull out Eden's shot record to see what date she was born. Terrible, terrible, terrible. So, if and when I ever forget YOUR birthday, please don't take it personally!!!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is a fun fact! And I am honored that you remembered all of our birthdays, early, all at once! You're a champion, girl!
I started our blog. It's bryanandshauntai.blogspot.com. I copied your address style. It made sense to make it so easy. Cute photos of the kids!
Is that gidget real that you're going to Disney? Land or World? That's so exciting!
Post a Comment