Friday, April 17, 2009

Seven-year-old



Today is Brock's 7th birthday. Today also marks the 7th anniversary of the day I became a mother. One of the things that has surprised me most about being a mom is how fast my sweet and innocent boys seem to get "into" big-boy stuff. Stuff like blood, guts and gore. Brock wanted to decorate his own cake this year. He calls his cake "Star Wars meets Bionacles".



Very creative. He specifically asked for the red deco-gel so that he could paint blood on his Star Wars characters. Nice touch, Brock. Very realistic. We're taking him to see Monsters vs. Aliens this afternoon. He's very excited. In fact, having to wait all the way until 3:50p.m. has been absolute torture. Tomorrow we will have a birthday party for him at the YMCA. He's still recovering from mono, but hopefully he'll have enough energy to play games and open presents.




Happy Birthday, Brock. I love you so much! You truly bring so much joy into my life. I feel so blessed to be your mom!

1 comments:

The Shirleys said...

I can't believe Brock is 7! I remember him in our nursery class. I think I will forever think of him as being 2-2 1/2 years old!

He is still very cute.