So, I went to the grocery store yesterday. Nothing unusual there. On this particular trip, however, I found myself in the market for some feminine protection products. You would think that an almost-30-year-old mother of four might get over her adolescent shyness about buying such things, but I haven't. I avoided that aisle of the store until all of my other shopping was done, then came at it from the back of the store, so that I might go unspotted by other shoppers, I stared blankly at the rows of toothpaste, pretending that I was shopping for some tartar control, and then when I was certain no one was looking, I quickly reached across the aisle to snag the closest box of pantiliners. I slid the box underneath a package of flour tortillas and headed to the register. Mission accomplished, I headed home and began unloading the groceries. Later that evening, I took my unopened box of hygiene products upstairs and decided to put them to use. I opened the sealed package and to my dismay THE BOX WAS EMPTY!!! There was nothing inside! I laughed out loud and came out of the bathroom to tell Justin what I had discovered. He asked me, "couldn't you tell the box was empty when you picked it up?" Well, no, I suppose I didn't even think to wonder if the box was empty. I suppose I just took for granted the thought that the box would actually contain what its label stated it would hold. I've never really been in the habit of shaking boxes of hygiene products when I take them off the shelves to make sure that there was actually something in the boxes. You can bet, however, that's exactly what I'll do from now on!
P.S. If I thought buying feminine hygiene products was embarrassing, imagine how humiliating it will be having to return an empty pantiliner box to the store...
They'll never believe my story...
Friday, April 17, 2009
Ultra-Super Lightdays
Posted by Bobbi at Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ha! That's funny. Sucks to have to go back and buy even more, but still funny! I just get the embarrassment out of the way, and when I found tampons on for a REALLY good deal, bought enough to last me 'til menopause. Now an entire cart full of tampons was a little embarrassing, but now I won't have to worry about it for years! :-)
so hilarious! It's crazy though that someone out there felt a need to steel the contents or that the factory packed up the box with nothing inside to begin with!
That is hilarious!!!
Funny. Let us know how red your face gets when you return the box ;)
That is one return I MIGHT consider not making ;)
That is SO funny Bobbi!! I'm glad it wasn't me though. I had that happen with play-doh, but I know...NOT the same thing!! I still felt stupid like they wouldn't believe me so I called them instead!
Post a Comment