Yesterday morning, I was on the computer, ignoring my kids like I do more than I'd like to admit, and the phone rang. It was my husband. He called to tell me that he had accidentally grabbed my cell phone that morning, and left his at the house. We were talking for a while, about something important, I'm sure, when I heard Justin's cell phone ring. Brock was immediately on my case about the second phone call. He came running in, frantically waving the cell phone in my face, jumping up and down, "Mom! Your phone! Your phone! You have to answer it!!" I tried to shush him, but he was persistant. Finally, I grabbed the cell phone out of his hand and threw it on the desk. I covered the mouth piece on the phone I was talking into and yelled, "Brock! I'm on the phone! Please be quiet! So what if I don't answer the cell phone? I can call that person back when I'm finished talking to Daddy!" I finished my conversation with Justin, hung up and then really let Brock have it! I chewed him out about not interrupting me while I'm on the phone, and I really wasn't very nice about it. Then I snatched Justin's cell phone off the desk to see who had called. It was then that I noticed that the line was active, and there was someone there...listening...waiting for me to finish yelling at my 6-year-old and answer their call. I quickly pushed "End Call", hanging up on the caller. How humiliating. After gathering myself, I touched "Call Back" and uttered, "You heard all of that, didn't you?" The person on the other line was Justin's friend, Aaron, who was actually with Justin at that moment, and was just calling to give me a hard time about having Justin's cell phone instead of my own. Boy did he get more than he bargained for!!! Oh, when oh when will I ever learn to be nicer to my kids? I'm just glad it was only Aaron, and not one of Justin's dental patients!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does those things. Ignore the kids, yell, get frustrated when I know they are only trying to help. It's hard to be a good mom!
Ha! That's funny...I would have done the same thing...I can't stand it when Tanner interrupts me while I'm on the phone. It's so frustrating. Sometimes I have to go lock MYSELF in another room to hide while he is whining or trying to interrupt me! ahh.
You were only doing an honorable thing as a parent...trying to teach your child better phone etiquette!
oh wow! That is embarrassing! Better luck next time with the phone situation! It is frustrating though that your kids always seem to be screaming at you when you are on the phone! I hear ya on that one!
Post a Comment