The Johnson Family is thrilled to finally announce the birth of their newest member: Eden Deana Johnson!!! Eden was born at 11:39 p.m. on Saturday, September 22nd, barely making it here on time to share a birthday with her Grandma Elaine Deana Johnson. Eden weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. at birth and measured 20 inches in length. She has lots of soft, dark hair and chubby cheeks. She is absolutely perfect! Her parents and big brothers couldn't be more excited to have her here!!! Thankfully, labor & delivery went wonderfully well. I had contractions throughout the day on Saturday, but stayed busy by going to an end-of-season boat sale, where Justin took the twins and me for a test-drive on a jet boat, then we went to lunch at a friend's house, and I spent time with Grandma Morgan and the boys while Justin sold tickets at an Uncle Kracker concert that afternoon. Finally, at 8:30p.m., Justin came home and convinced me that it was time to go to the hospital. I still wasn't sure the contractions were coming frequently enough to be admitted, but they were definitely getting intense, so I thought we'd give it a shot. When we got to the hospital, the nurse hooked up the monitors and checked my cervix....I was dilated to 9 cm!!! I was relieved to know that I wouldn't be getting sent back home. The doctor came to the hospital right away, broke my water and administered a low dose of pitocin. A few short hours later, Eden was born!!! We stayed at the hospital and got plenty of rest on Sunday, and then came home this morning. It's wonderful to finally have our little girl here!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Welcoming Eden!
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She looks so sweet. Glad it all went well.
Love, Tom, Rachel, and the girls
Yippee!! I'm so excited for you! The boys look like they're ready to be her bodyguards. I hope you have a good recovery. She's beautiful with all that hair!
Congratulations Justin and Bobbi! She is Beautiful! You have a lovely family! We hope you are settled in to your new home. Congrats again! Love, The Fulmer Family :)
what sweet pictures! so cute with her big brothers kissing her. Congratulations Johnson family! (from the Dornbusch's)
Congrats! I've been checking your blog every day wondering when she would arrive. I love all these beautiful babies being born. I love the hair. The boys must be so excited! Well, way to be a super mom and wait till you were dilated to a 9. I would have been there at 1! Congrats again!
Oh Bobbi she is beautiful!! I was thinking about you on Saturday wondering when oh when would baby johnson come! And here she is. LOVE the name, that's the one I was hoping you would pick! I got all emotional seeing the boys with Eden. I know exactly that feeling of finally having a girl and it's incredible isn't it? Your boys are too dang cute all dressed up in their ties. Love it! What a great way to meet their new sister. Your family is so cute and looks so complete. We are so happy for you guys. We look forward to reading about the many adventures Eden will go through with all her brothers.
Take care...we love you guys!
Whoa baby! Bobbbi, you are quite the woman. Going about your day as normal and then showing up at the hospital dilated to a 9? Whoa baby!
Eden is most certainly a beautiful baby! I just love all her dark hair. I also love the picture of her with all the bro's in shirts and ties. Do you pose them all for pictures like that or do those very special moments really always fall into your camera? CONGRATULATIONS!
Congratulations. She is so beautiful. I love all the boys in their Sunday best.
Congratulations!!!!! Good to see that all went well!
wow, she is beautiful! I love her dark hair and in the first picture it looks like her fingernails have been painted pink :) Congratulations...she is adorable. and way to go on the name Eden...I love it!
She is beautiful, I am so happy for you!!!
Bobbi---what a cutie!!! SHe totally resembles the other baby picture too. I can't belive all that hair!!! And I love that JUstin had to convince you to go to he hospital when you ended up being at 9cm! haha...congtratulations on your new addition---she's just precious!
-Jenni
Welcome Eden! Congrats Bobbi. That's just so exciting. I absolutely love the name. As everyone has said, the photo with the boys in their ties kissing her is just so unbelievably sweet. What a lucky little girl. I have lots of older brothers, so I know just how loved and protected she will be. Well done on being super mom.
Phew! I was getting worried for you! And it couldn't have come at a better time! 8lbs 14 oz? Ya she better have been ready! She's just precious! She's definately a Johnson. I'm just so glad it all went well and everything is done and over! Congratulations Bobbi! Girls are so fun!
That's a cute photo of the three boys in shirts and ties looking at Eden!
Congrats on your little girl. It will be nice to finally start evening then playing field of girls vs. boys!!! She is beautiful
Post a Comment