Friday, July 18, 2008

City of Joseph



Wow. We just got back from an amazing trip to Nauvoo, Illinois. My sister, Bev, and her entire family were performing in the Nauvoo Pageant, so we took the chance to go and see the historic town and the amazing musical show!

Along with hanging out with Bev and her family, my sister Brenda, from Utah was there with her crew, as well as my sister, Bonnie and her family who live in Chicago. We
had such a great time and definitely want to make it a regular tradition! As an added bonus, we managed to talk Brenda into letting her oldest daughter, Morgan, come back to Missouri with us for a couple of weeks! How fun is that?!

In Nauvoo, there are plenty of "pioneer pastimes" for the kids to try out. Here is Brandon in the "schoolhouse" drawing on his slate:


Austin and Haley were such an adorable dancing pair!


Brandon asked this authentic-looking pioneer woman for a waltz:


Here are my boys with their cousin, Ryan, in his pageant costume.


It was hard to get a good picture of Bev's family on stage. Here are most of them during the finale:


Lunchtime with Bonnie, Morgan, Bev, Shelby, Ryan, Ken, Allen, Julia & Brianna:


Eden with Cousin Spencer..not sure what's up with that face and hair, but she sure is a cutie!


Brock playing stick ball...similar to baseball, only you use a stick in instead of a bat and a bunch of knotted up rags for a ball...and you run around the bases clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. The boys had a blast playing this fun pioneer game!!!


Justin showing off on the stilts. Brock was determined to get this one down before we left Nauvoo!!!


Landon & Bev before the show:


Danielle, Brenda & Haley:

3 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

What a fun miniature family reunion. You seriously have a very cute family Bobbi! I love that picture of Brock playing stick ball!

Shantell said...

What a fun new family tradition! I LOVE Nauvoo. I hope to go back some day.

Jamie Smith said...

That makes me remember our trip with the Young Women! That was so much fun. How long ago was that! I can't believe how the time flies! I absolutely Love Nauvoo! I think that is my favorite church site!