Eden launched herself off her high chair Saturday night. Her negligent mother (that's me) failed to fasten the seatbelt on the baby chair and just snapped the tray over her lap, expecting it to hold the restless 20-something pound baby in her seat. Unfortunately, Eden has a powerful body-throw and managed to launch herself and the tray off the chair and down to the floor, smacking her face on the table leg on the way down!!! It was a very intense and traumatic moment. Blood oozed from the side of her head and gushed from her mouth. Her lip swelled up pretty fast, and we wondered if maybe a trip to the E.R. was necessary. After a strawberry popsicle and a blessing from Dad, the bleeding stopped, and Eden was able to settle down in time for bed. Her chin looks even more red today, and her smile is still as crooked and swollen as day one. Poor little Eden. It will be a long time before I will be able to laugh at THIS.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Dive-Bomber Baby
Posted by Bobbi at Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Holy Cow! That is bad! I'm so glad she is okay! Funny because 10 minutes ago I was looking at my sis-in-law's blog at a picture of her son that fell out of some bleachers on his face...two beat up kids in one night...I've had enough!
Oh, and just so you know, I must be a bad mommy too because I have never buckled my kids in the high chair.
Oh, the poor thing!! Granted Avery is almost 19 months, but I never buckle her in either:( She does tend to stand once she's done eating, but we are right there to get her out. This will make me use the belt more though! That looks so painful.
On the funny side...her smile in the last picture reminds me of an old man without teeth:)
Oh that looks like it really hurt! I hope she gets better quickly. Poor girl.
Ouch! I'm sorry. It always hurts more for Mom than baby...so much guilt! My little Ty fell walking into his 2nd birthday party. Seven stitches later, his sister was telling him how much fun she had at his party while he was at the ER. I cried more than him that day!
That last photo really shows off the shiner doesn't it! The other danger our little Lucas has found while in the high chair is to push off the table with his feet to tip his chair back. So a buckle doesn't solve all problems.
Poor baby. I have to say though, that last picture remindes me of Popeye. She just needs the pipe.
oh, that is so sad. Two weeks ago in church our 11-month old dove over the pew and landed on her head. luckily, she was fine but boy did it cause a disturbance and i am pretty sure everyone thought i was the worst mom ever!
Post a Comment