We recently had a new neighbor move in across the street from our house. Her name is Tonia. Last week, Brandon and I stopped by to visit our new neighbor, and she let us watch as she fed her daughter's pet gecko a live grasshopper. Brandon was fascinated and asked if we could come back again to see the gecko. Tonia agreed, and we headed home. A few days later, Tonia stopped by our house and asked if we wanted to keep the gecko at our house! Her daughter recently graduated from high school and can't take the pet with her to college, so the poor little guy needed a new home. At first, I was hesitant. As I had learned from our visit to Tonia's house, keeping a gecko as a pet meant keeping more than just one squirmy reptilian around the house. It also meant keeping live grasshoppers in a box and live meal worms in the fridge. Then I thought of how much fun it would be for the boys, and relatively low-maintenance it would be for me. I agreed to take the pet. The boys are so excited to have the gecko...or as they call it...the "geico". He does need a name, though. Any suggestions?
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Our New Pet
Posted by Bobbi at Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How about Shayleen?
What a great pet. Have you considered the name BABE - short for Brock, Austin, Brandon and Eden.
Post a Comment