Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Brandon's Holey Jeans


My son Brandon is a very special child. He is gifted in so many different ways. One particularly unusual talent he has developed is his knack for wearing holes in the knees of his jeans. In just the past year, I've saved every pair of pants he's worn, and so far I have counted TWELVE pair of pants that have developed holes in the knees while Brandon was wearing them. Interestingly enough, all but one of the twelve have holes in just the right knee, not the left. Coincidence? I think not! So, now I feel it my duty as a mother to somehow turn these priceless pants into a keepsake for my son. What do you think? Should I cut out all the holey knees and make him a quilt? How 'bout reupholster a photo album? A pillow case? I am SO not a crafter, so I need some ideas, people!!! What do I do with all these holey jeans?!

3 comments:

THE ORMES said...

Totally make a quilt. Although the holey parts can't really be apart of it because they'll deteriorate. Or you could put those parts in with a patch on them. As for quilting it, just cut them into squares and stitch them. Nice and easy. If you can make those AWESOME chair covers for YWIE, then I know you can do a wonderful job on this.

We used jeans to make an American flag quilt. It's Tom's absolute favorite because it's so heavy. It's actually a pretty cool quilt too.

Jill said...

a quilt would be cute...my mom made Christmas stockings out of our old jeans!

Christine said...

We have a quilt Scott's Mom had made for us (she actually paid someone else to do it) out of his old jeans. It is the most comfy, warm quilt we have. Which means we never use it here in Texas. But I love Jill's ideas of a stocking. How fun would that be!