Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Inspiring A Nation

I don't know if any of his ideas will materialize, or if they will prove to be effective solutions to any of our country's problems, but I will say that this guy can seriously inspire a nation. I love hearing him speak. His acceptance speech last night moved me to tears. I hope he means what he says about listening to those who disagree with him. He's either really sincere, or really good at pretending to be. This man definitely has the presence of a great leader. I may not have voted for him, but I am hopeful that Barack Obama will turn out to be a good president after all. I love America. I love that we have a democracy, where many are involved in making decisions and governing our nation. We don't have to worry about a radical dictator coming in and forcing us to do things his way. We always have a say in what goes on in our country. I am thrilled that Proposition 8 was passed in California. It shows that even a state who voted for a liberal democratic president has still managed to maintain some conservative values. I am hopeful that there will be enough conservative influence in our federal government that we can retain our Judeo-Christian values as a society. Congratulations to Barack Obama, our next president of the United States.




(Yes, it still seems a little scary to me, and you can bet I'll be redoubling my efforts to get my food storage together, but all we can do now is hope for the best, and do what we can to make it happen! YES WE CAN!!!)

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Obama is not my first choice, but I refuse to be a reverse "Bush" hater as Jeff says. I will not stoop to the level that some have and promote blatant disrepect and general dislike for someone I don't particularly agree with. Instead I will work alongside those with differing opinions and help do my part in "changing" the Nation. :) With that said, thanks for the link to your friends blog. It's always nice to know there are others out there like Jeff and I who choose adoption as an option. It truly is a beautiful thing and blesses the lives of many.